Getting Started

Dave

Nov 13, 2004
What is the best time of the year to visit Thailand (Bangkok), taking into consideration I'm not a fan of heat over 80 degrees or so ? ... Having said January would be a good time to visit for me and my work schedule.

What is the best place to find a cheap air flight on line, and what should I expect to pay ?. I'm located in Oregon America.

How much should I expect to pay for a bike rental of two weeks. I would prefer a dualsport bike and have quite a bit of experience with off road riding. Are ds bike available in Thailand ?

Does one need any special permits or visa's to visit Thailand ?

I have many questions and I'm sure you folks have heard them all, but I would appreciate any help.

Regards
Dave
Oregon

john

Oct 6, 2003
maybe you should read thru the GT Riders site. I think many if not most of your questions would be answered. John

Dave

Nov 13, 2004
Thanks for all your help John.

Sorry for asking some general Thailand questions in the Thailand general forum.

What a stupid thing for me to do.

Dec 3, 2003
For airfares you might want to check EVA AIR web site. They have good prices out of LA. Also NorthWest Airlines has some deals.

DANNIE

"what's behind me is not important"

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I agree with John AND David. You should also visit www.thaivisa.com. If you do not even know if you need a visa to visit a foreign country you have a lot of research to do between now and January.

Everyone on this board generally likes to help out, but you have to show at least some effort on you own. The first thing of importance in Thailand is patience.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

Dave

Nov 13, 2004
Thanks for all the helpful links and input, both on and off group, much appreciated and they should help cut down my search time and weeding through all the info.

Dave