Green card for Thai reg bike

Sep 28, 2006
Hello,

Does anyone know how to get a green card for a Thai registered [legal] bike riden by a farang to travel to countries that need one such as Australia.

Thanks

Mar 11, 2008
Do you mean a Carnet (Carnet de Passages en Douane ?? The CPD) as it is non trivial.

Unfortunately Thailand is not a signatory to the CPD system, as such they cannot / will not issue a CPD here. IF you can get a 'bike passport' the international travel document and romanized version of the Thai license plate a contact in the UK will issue a carnet on a Thai bike as long as the plate is romanized, they wont do so on a Thai scripted plate. Of course you still have to pay for the CPD and leave the bond as with any issuer.

I am unsure if the romanized plates from the Malay border that you can get would be suitable, I suspect they would be in a pinch, as the international bike transport book is now very hard (impossible ??) to get. Next time I go to the DMV here I will talk to the contact I have whose great with me and see if she thinks the international book is obtainable anymore. I am sure some of the posters on here know much more on that.

Sep 28, 2006
Thanks for your reply. Yes I do mean a Carnet de Passages en Douane, any further information on a 'bike passport' would be welcome. I do know the UK contact so I will also contact them for more information.

Cheers

Mar 11, 2008
You may want to contact Peter username Beddhist as I discussed this subject with him and sent him the UK contact info when I sussed they would issue them on a Thai bike. As he has departed towards NZ with his GF on a Thai registered machine I have to assume he succeeded in this.

There was a Carnet thread you could search out on here.

Mar 11, 2008
Just searched my email.. This is the gentleman who will, if all stipulations are met, issue a carnet on a Thai bike.

Paul Gowen
Senior Travel Administrator
Carnet Dept.
RAC
Great Park Road
Bradley Stoke
Bristol BS32 4QN
GB

Direct dial - 00 44 (0) 1454 208304
Switchboard - 00 44 (0) 1454 208000
Fax - 00 44 (0) 1454 208863
email - [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]