GT Rider Up Country Dinner # 43 - Rong Khwang city- Phrae.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The last Wednesday of the month in October = Wednesday 26th October.

The proposed destination town = Rong Khwang.
The Hotel & Restaurant TBC, but I think I've nailed this one from home.

Reactions: Oddvar

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hi guys sadly i don't feel as if i will be fit enough or have enough stamina to ride on the scooter there with my broken leg. The old body has not healed up enough.
It maybe best to postpone this dinner for a month and see how I go.
As Bungy offered to organize a dinner in Chiang Dao at a meeting earlier may this week, i suggest maybe he could have a crack at setting one up.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hi guys sadly i don't feel as if i will be fit enough or have enough stamina to ride on the scooter there with my broken leg. The old body has not healed up enough.
It maybe best to postpone this dinner for a month and see how I go.
As Bungy offered to organize a dinner in Chiang Dao at a meeting earlier may this week, i suggest maybe he could have a crack at setting one up.
The dinner is back on because i have a lift in a car now. Many thanks Luca you're a star for GTR.

The details

GTR Dinner
Wednesday 26 October
Rong Khwang City

Prae Phum Buri Hotel
490 baht
โรงแรมแพรภูมิบุรี
054 596 235

Dinner venue
ร้านมะเก่า
091 856 5543

Reactions: Oddvar and Ughetto

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
A great little night....
1666973105638.png

1666973118009.png

1666973131805.png

Report to come....
Special thanks in advance to Luca for picking me up in Chiang Khong & transporting me to / from Rong Khwang

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Thanks for the photos Ughetto.
It was an interesting night, very easy going, relaxed & fun.
But who would have ever thought that hotel would be full on the night. All 30 rooms gone.
Sadly a Thai temple tour booked most of the rooms just a few days before the dinner; meaning Heneken & Oddvar did not get a room "at the inn." Oddvar went home to Nan & Heineken got one near the R103 / 101 intersection, 5 kms away.
That made 6 of us to enjoy the charm of the Makao Pub staff & environment. And who would have ever thought there'd be a gem of a little place like that hotel with pub in Rong Khwang city? What a winner it was. I intend to return once I'm mobile on a bike!
Ughetto was a star for me, just arriving back from Italy a couple of days before, to pick me up in Chiang Khong & run me down very comfortably in in his mini van. Plus bring a nice slab of cheese for the mob to try.
The slab of cheese was a beauty, but we did have trouble slicing it with no cheese knife & only Ughetto's "war knife."
The staff were bemused at the difficulty we were having with something so simple, and I offered them 100 baht if they could cut a nice slice off. Two tried & failed miserably; just like the farang.
It was a good night.

On the return we got stopped at a police checkpoint for an expired vehicle rego.
1666973131805-png.149885

Ughetto was perplexed as his partner had just renewed the rego & the sticker was there on / in the car at the front?
But we could not find it anywhere, in the glove box or any of the normal compartments.
Then whilst negotiating with the police I saw the reflection of a rego sticker in the windscreen.

A snap from an earlier pic - It was like this on the right!
1667116435413.png

Yep that sicker on the right, was laying unattached on the dash in a coin tray under a lottery ticket.
We pulled it out. flashed it to the cop, & hey presto, you are all good to go sir.
Too bloody funny, we thought & off we went again looking out for speed cameras as we went.

Cheers everyone who came.

Last edited:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
It will be my birthday. I can't buy the beer if I don't know where it is.

Hi Mike
HBD for Wednesday. I wish I could get a GTR dinner going this Wednesday, but my mobility, stamina & transport is still an annoying issue. So sadly, I have not been able to put something together.

I do have a proposal for a pre-Christmas GTR dinner, close by, that I can get too easily enough & will be posting it soon.
I apologize for the lack of a GTR Dinner on our birthday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oddvar