Guidance on Yamaha Dragstar

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Hi, I want to buy a Dragstar 1100 and after much searching, find a few for sale privately and at shops around the country.

One dilemma I have, is to understand the technical aspects of the bike and hope that some of you knowledgeable guys or even Dragstar owners could advise accordingly.

When did a change in specification occur during the period 2000 - 2007 that might make me go for one particular year over another year. ( Hope that makes sense? ) I don't want to buy a brand new bike but I wonder how new it needs to be in order to be a better buy.

Hope you can help me.

regards

Ally

Oct 17, 2006
A well looked after dragstar is a bullet proof bike , Yamaha have made variants of this engine for years , regulars oil changes and care of shaft drive is essential.

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks Phil & Monster, great info and the stuff I need. I knew when I posted this initially, folks would say "Newbie" & stay clear but I appreciate you guys setting me on my way.

Thanks

Ally

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks to the info I got here, in addition to a lot of foot work, I now have my dream bike. No not a Honda Dream, a 2006 Dragstar 1100!

As you will know if you ride one yourself, its a pleasure to cruise and the smile that living here brings to my face daily, just got bigger.

Finally found the bike in Bangkok after traveling from CM to Korat to view another. Rode up Sunday and took the bike into Yamaha @ 3 Kings for service yesterday. Oil change & a general lubrication made the bike feel even nicer.

Ride safe

Ally