Guidebook and map out of print

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Well, all the advice thus far been along the lines of "Just get the guide and map and get out there... small hurdle...

KIT INCLUDES guide book & 3 maps.
1. Book: A Motorcycle Guide To The Golden Triangle. Currently out of print. Go to Amazon for stock.
2. Map: B&B North Thailand & Chiang Mai. Currently out of print in Thailand.
3. Map: The Mae Hong Son Loop. 2nd edition.
4. Map: The Laos Guide 3rd edition.

I will arrive in CM on Monday 17th July, and was hoping to do small loops on Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th before flying out on July 20...

How can I get hold of the guide and map that are currently out of stock. Does anyone on CM have a copy that I can borrow for a couple of days while I am there.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Darryl

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Darryl
Yeah well you've been a bit slow coming, (not unlike the update for the book & maps).
If only you'd ordered late last year when you first started talking about coming......
BUT
I heard that George at Gecko Books got some stock in from somewhere, where from I dont know.
So that's your best option.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Nov 14, 2004
Hey D'woo what part of Oz are you from?
I'm in Sydney an I can give you a loan of my guide book an maps.
Scott

Jun 21, 2006
Scot

I am currently staying in Mona Vale (Northern beasches), do you ever come into town from Campbelltown

John

FM

Jul 15, 2005
Yo Scott just going over davids site and noted that your in Sydney right now. Are you and Lah both here? If you have time would be nice to see you both and catch up. we could have a lunch or a beer or 2 for old days. feel free to ring me if yr free on 0415-985-531 or email:[email protected]
regards FM from chiangmai

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Opps...

I started organisng things via email and forgot to check the forums, and missed all of this...

Too late now, I get to spend two days in Melbourne from now until Thursday when I fly out to the LOS...

I hope I'll be right with the descriptions from the 'Day Loops' page of the website and a map...

Thanks for the offer though...

Cheers,
Daewoo...

brat

Aug 15, 2005
Hey there Scott, I will be in Sydney for a week in approx 2 months time, then for a week every month from then until Xmas, would like a look at your guidebook/maps if possible?
Cheers
Chris Moore

"growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!"

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
George at Gecko books has scored some guide books that have been returned from various places inside and outside the country.
So if if your still looking for GT Rider's guide book to the Golden Triangle pop over to Gecko books & pick up a copy. It's a bargain at 395 baht.