Heat reduction on seat RE Himalayan

Fritzltouw

Ol'Timer
Jun 1, 2018
Bangkok
Hi Everyone,

My RE Himalayan is great fun besides the seat... and the incredible heat it absorbs from the engine. So it's an air-cooled single cylinder 400 cc bike. The temperature around the tank and seat at speeds below 80Km/hr gets up to unbearable levels. This has always been an issue.

I have put heat reflecting tape on the bottom of the seat but that doesn't really help much. It just diverts the hot air around the seat onto my legs and still heats it up but then from the side. I have also put a mesh net on top of the seat. This helps a bit though but still it's too hot. I'm also using an Airhawk cushion which... as expected, changes shape as the air expands when the temperature rises 555.

Now I know it's perhaps not the most intelligent decision to buy an air-cooled bike in Thailand but I've always had air-cooled bikes so far, also in Europe, but I understand the point. Second, I hear you thinking, but a RE doesn't go over 80km/hr right without vibrating apart :p:laughing:.

Anyhow, I was wondering what other people do/have done about this besides selling the bike and getting a liquid cooled bike.

Thanks

Reactions: DavidFL