Helmet Cameras And Bike Intercoms

Sep 30, 2012
im looking to get a cheap helmet camera and voice intercom to communicate with another rider for an upcoming trip.

I was just going to get a cheapie for now. Below is a cheap intercom I have found. Does anyone have any suggestions for a camera without getting a gopro?

I’m thinking there might be a few cameras at the CM pantip plaza.

One issue with the camera is how long the battery and memory card lasts, I’m hoping for about 4 hours.

2x Motorcycle Interphone Intercom Helmet Bluetooth GPS Communicator FM Radio | eBay

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
im looking to get a cheap helmet camera and voice intercom to communicate with another rider for an upcoming trip.

I was just going to get a cheapie for now. Below is a cheap intercom I have found. Does anyone have any suggestions for a camera without getting a gopro?

One issue with the camera is how long the battery and memory card lasts, I’m hoping for about 4 hours.

2x Motorcycle Interphone Intercom Helmet Bluetooth GPS Communicator FM Radio | eBay

Hi,
Last year I bought the Chinese rival to the GoPro. Battery life is great, compared to GoPro 3,3+. My only initial gripe was I was unable to plug into my tv in the shed and watch our days dirt bike riding. Picture quality is good and accessories are cheap, batts, cases, remotes. Free software works well with iPad mini.
I also have 3x intercoms, 18 months old, about aud 77 at the time. I’ll dig out more detail tomorrow and post a better report.

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Thanls mate.

The EK7000 looks like a promising option camera option. I might use a small USB power supply to increase the range. Uses standard go pro mounting accessories.

11 Excellent (Cheaper) GoPro Alternatives For Savvy Shoppers

A nice review I found:
Hands-on with the Akaso EK7000 Action Camera | Review
The camera is a YI, 4K action cam. I got 3 spare batts, a water proof case and several remote control fobs. I just use there app to view and them transfer to iPad photos. Last trip I cable tied the remote to the handle bars and away you go.
The intercom we have been using is Ejeas, 6 way. Been quite reliable, talk to each other, take phone calls, tablet etc. come with bar mount remote. They say 1 km range not sure about that but it’s pretty good. Simple to fit, comes with a boom mic for open face helmets. Great for getting in and out of town, finding food and overtaking in the twistys, “clear ahead” Battery life is a day plus. I’d recommend both products.
Cheers waz

Sep 30, 2012
Awesome, thanks for that. I'll get one before I head over so I can set it all up and tested before I get there.

I'll add a review and pics in here.

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
The cam comes up rather good in all reviews and GoPro mounts, pads etc fit. Case is not compatible. The battery life is the major plus. All the cases, remotes, batteries even oem, are very reasonable to buy. Im a fan of xiaomi, haven’t had a bad product from them, battery packs, fitness monitors, telephones. Bought a Redmi 5 phone, dual sim, battery lasts 3 days, Aud150, no complaints. Case on eBay was $5.99. Won’t ever buy an over priced iPhone or Samsung again.

Reactions: DavidFL