High Detail provicial/ regional maps

Oct 17, 2006
What options are there for high detail regional road maps , very accurate i want chonburi,rayong , chantaburi areas.

No satnav please.

Jun 21, 2006
Jerry

Have you tried Map magic, 299 baht, you get a paper map, and a cd, so can download it on pc

can then zoom in on a scale of 1=49,999

available a all good book shops

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I bought a map of Rayong Province in a book shop in the Tesco complex in Rayong. I'll did it out and find the name.
It is a reasonably detailed map. It shows from Klaeng to Chonburi.
Should be available in a book shop in Pattaya, If there is one? :wink:

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Try Bookazine in Royal Garden Plaza, it's the shopping complex adjoining the Marriott Hotel, might find some useful detailed raodmaps there, I got my NELLES maps for my fourwheeler there. Cheers, FR

Aug 7, 2003
1:50,000 paper maps of the whole country are available from the Thai Army map shop in Bangkok, get the L 7017 series. Map info about 1990, but very good topo, used to be B80 a sheet. Need the index to get the map for the exact location you need, Bang Lamung map is L 7017 S 5134 I.

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Did you try Google Earth with Roads enabled. Some parts are clear but other not yet.

Another alternative is Point Asia at Link removed I think you have to subscribe and the satellite pictures are pretty detailed if you zoom in but road names are in Thai as you can see here:

Pattayapart.jpg

You would have to do quite a bit of copy/past to make this in a somewhat larger map. As an alternative, the 1:50000 maps from the army as Harry mentioned. These maps are quite good but old and do not have all the newer roads. In the near future, newer versions of this series will be available but don't know if these will be available to the general public (even now some of the older maps are still offlimit including the map for Sukhothai for some obscure reasons).

More or less the same are shown here from 5135 1 (7017 series) which shows that newer roads are missing:

Choburi7017.jpg

and just, for comparisons sake, more or less the same part from Thinknet (at 1 :50000) and finally the ESRI GPS map:

ChonburiThinknet.jpg

ChonburiESRI.jpg