Honda XR650R, 2001 for sale

Kev_O

Oct 28, 2006
The bike has a plate, green book, tax and insurance - renewed in Dec.07, it's in very good condition is fitted with an Arow after market pipe, K&N air filter, Edelbrock pumper carb, Renthal wide bars and Acerbis hand gaurds. The bike is located in Korat and I'm looking for 225,000 Baht. I'll update this add with some pictures shortly. Contact Kevin on 0819996961

Kev_O

Oct 28, 2006
Apologies for not getting the pictures posted but I have to withdraw the bike for sale due to a few recent change in circumstances...sorry for any inconvenience.

Jun 21, 2006
I was in Red Baron Bangkok last week, they have an XR650R in dirt bike trim, and a DRZ 400 in Motard trim.

Gee you would need big balls for the XR, kick start only.....

Aug 7, 2003
Can start it with your hand if you are game. The little "decompression" lever helps ,otherwise I don't think anyone could start them. Also they have a anti kick back mechanism so it won't take your knee out. The kick start shouldn't put people off buying a great bike.

Kev_O

Oct 28, 2006
Here's a few pictures of the beast.....cheers.
xr3.jpg

xr2.jpg

xr1.jpg

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Kev-O,
Very Clean Bike a Fantastic Example, Only thing doesn't look original is the Motard Front Mudguard and the Headlight is different to the ones back in NZ although that maybe because of the Year, Most of My Mates have 2003 up. Yours is Beautiful for a 2001. Let us know if you ever want to Sell it again, Lucky Bugger :D

Oct 12, 2005
Kev O,

Keep us abreast if you relist it as there is interest in the Big Red Pig w/a plate from a few of us.

brilliant for Chiang Mai dirt trails
Not sure about that
162808800_fi5eT-M.jpg

It can get a bit tight at times for the big XR
168791286_63r9G-M.jpg

But for blasting the truck roads on long dirt rides its a damn fine machine.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Robin Holmes wrote: Fantastic bike though, brilliant for Chiang Mai dirt trails.
tropicaljohno wrote: Gee you would need big balls for the XR, kick start only.....
I reckon you would need bigger balls to punt it along the Chiang Mai dirt trails with any enthusiasm...

Dirt roads perhaps, but even then sudden changes of direction are often called for... I imagine that Suzuki Luke and B&T would carve you up on dirt trails (until you come across them under their bike in the jungle, laughing like escapees from the local nut house)...

Cheers,
Daewoo

You really don't need any balls to start an XR650R, just the right nack. Honestly you can start one with trainers on.
As for jungle trails.........the XR is more like a bulldozer so except for getting over or under big logs.......no problem:)
The only real downside is the fuel consumption, about 100KM per standard tank.