Hotel Recommendation in Chumpon

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Going to Phuket and a) not sure if I can make it in one; b) want to enjoy the Ranong - Phuket bit so plan to overnight in Chumpon.

Anyone stayed at a reasonable hotel in Chumpon?

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
There is o big and resonable hotel approx 750Baht when you turn left to Chumpon from Sukumvit and then you will see a highrising building at the left maybe 8 km from the crossing. I rememeber I paid 650 Baht for a clean aircon room with buffet breakfast (you know ham and saussages swimming in water etc, but the thaifood is ok)They use to have some fancy sportscars in front of the hotel. The hotel does also have massage etc in the bottom floors if you are interested. If you prefer cheaper ones there are plenty of them near the market but chinese style and off course price

If you continue 100 km to Lang Suan there is a new luxus hotel at the busstation just off Sukumvit. Superb rooms at 600-900 Baht. Just north of Lang Suan there is a nice road to the western part of Thailand but you will hit ther mainroad 50 km south of Ranong.

HIKO just back from Malaysia&Singapore

Jun 21, 2006
Mike have you considered Ranong to overnite.....

If you check out Tommo's article, there are hot springs there where you can indulge yourself

Have tried them myself... very relaxing

Mike if you go to Phuket section and look under trip reports you will see Thommos article there

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
mike,

a few years ago now, but from my Cycling journal

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page ... 20107&v=4C

"Jansom Chumpon Hotel 0 7750 2504 630THB ($Au21) for a double room including breakfast"

Wherever you stay, get along to Papa2000 Disco... "possibly the best disco in the world."

Chumpon is actually a very scenic province, I really enjoyed it...

Cheers,
Daewoo

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
YES,YES Not Sukumvit but Highway No.4 Sorry hopefully nobody got really lost. HIKO

Apr 10, 2006
I'm planning on stopping overnight in Chumphon myself on a drive down from Pattaya to Samui. If this Papa2000 disco is so good looks like I might be a little late getting to the ferry at Don Sak the next day [;)]

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
quote:

Originally posted by penetrator

I'm planning on stopping overnight in Chumphon myself on a drive down from Pattaya to Samui. If this Papa2000 disco is so good looks like I might be a little late getting to the ferry at Don Sak the next day [;)]

Read my Journal entry... you might be a day late like we were...

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote:

Originally posted by Alibaba

Papa2000 is definatly the best disco in the world.

Before I start recommending to friends can someone quantify BEST.

BestMusic
Best Prices
Best Girls

OH OK I'll cut to the chase is it worth a weekend trip from BKK to go to Papa2000? Why

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
I think it may have just been a lucky one off...

It was New Years Day... so the place was packed... (good atmosphere)

We met up with a couple of Thai's guys, who didn't speak Engrish, but managed to get us a front row table (I paid)...

We were incredibly drunk... (almost fell down the stairs)...

We danced up a storm with lots of pretty pretty pretty ladies... (and scored many phone numbers and 'follow up calls')

it was just a massive PAR-TEE...

It finished when the sun was comigng up...

Individual experiences may vary, but it is one of my best nights ever...

110-1064_IMG.jpg

Cheers,
Daewoo

Oct 17, 2006
Hej, Mike your post was on the day of my birthday, April 25 !
So when should I role out the red carpet here on Phuket?
I moved to a new house with the rare sight in Phuket nowadays of a wonderful jungle, guest room at your disposal.