Hotel Recommendations

Nov 11, 2006
I'm travelling down to Pattaya from Chiang Mai on Friday night after work. Normally I can do this non stop in the day time but figure would probably need to stop after about 6-7 hours.
Can anyone recommend a hotel say somewhere between Ayuttaya and Bangkok but before the Eastern Ring Rd (#9) exit?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
JohnnyE, I would recommend to make a detour to Lopburi and stay at the Lopburi Inn Resort (not at the flee bucket Lopburi Inn Hotel). Once you come to Lopburi always keep heading in direction of Saraburi, once you leave Lopburi behind you'll pass a BIG-C on your left hand side, after this superstore there's a road turning to the left, resort is about 700 meters on this road on the right hand side. That's the only reasonable & clean hotel I know around there. There's then still the Saraburi Inn, outside Saraburi (~2kms) on the road to Khorat (left side). Both should be between THB 800,- and 1.000,-. Ride safe, Franz

Nov 11, 2006
Thanks Franz but looking at the map I won't be going through Saraburi or Lopburi.
I'll be staying on main highway # 1 or highway 32. This is much shorter and quicker than the alternative highway # 1 through Saraburi and Lopburi.