I love the Harley`s - But

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
johngooding wrote: Coming from the UK, its the Jap sports bikes and maybe BMW have the status, Harleys not really in evidence and have the Hells Angel type of image.
I had my teen days constantly solving problems and oil leaks on unreliable British bikes. Once I had discovered the performance and reliability of the Japanese bikes there has been no turning back, apart from a dive into BMW territory. I ride a bike because I enjoy the sensations, not because of the status and rather than envy I feel sorry for the discomfort that most Harley riders, particularly on the lower back, are experiencing. I have only had one 80km ride on a friends Harley, not sure of the model, its a blue one if that helps. He wanted to ride my Kawasaki Ninja. I have never felt so uncomfortable. Legs stretched way out front, arms out front, wide and high. All the weight on my lower back and I did not feel in control. Unable to use the lower half of the body to control the bike. Never again.

John,

Couldn't have said it better myself. Few years back, I went on a ride with a group from work and a co-worker wanted to ride my LT as he was interested in getting one. He let me ride his Dyna Wideglide. Oh my, what a mess. Going from a German luxo-cruiser to this raked out front end handling nightmare, vibrating machine was shocking. I couldn't wait to get off that thing. I just don't "get" the HD deal and never will.

Just got back from the International Motorcycle show here in San Mateo. Sat on the NT700V from Honda and it is a super comfy little sport touring machine. Don't know if they are selling them in Thailand though.

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/nt700v/colors.aspx

Aug 3, 2004
Beautiful looking bike Feejer.
In Australia it is called a Deauville and started out as a 650cc and then moved up to 680cc.
I am torn between that and a VT700 Shadow, both with shaft drive. The Deauville would be better suited to touring I would think with its custom panniers.
As you say, never seen one in Thailand.
Cheers,
Peter

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Captain_Slash wrote: Perhaps when Honda finally open their big bike shops these bikes will be available, I heard that the 700 Transalp was going to be part of the range available here
Capt.,

Funny you say that. Today we were supposed to be flying to Manila to pick up a Transalp in Angeles for a 3 week ride around PI. But Typhoon/flooding/road washouts in the Cordilleras and recent events here at work nixed those plans for now. Hope to reschedule for Feb. and have a decent trip report to post.

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Peter Hooper wrote: Beautiful looking bike Feejer.
In Australia it is called a Deauville and started out as a 650cc and then moved up to 680cc.
I am torn between that and a VT700 Shadow, both with shaft drive. The Deauville would be better suited to touring I would think with its custom panniers.
As you say, never seen one in Thailand.
Cheers,
Peter
Peter,

The bike is totally new for the US market and was getting alot of attention. I think it will sell like mad. A nice torquey little V-twin, 21 kM/litre, all day comfort, Honda reliability, and only $9999 US.

I'm going to go back to the show today and do some demo rides. Hopefully that one will be on the list.

Cheers,

Eric

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Anyone looking for this Deauville, might accept some slight differences while looking out for a used & registered NT650Bros here in LOS. With some modifications to the handlebars, footpegs, adding a small screen and widening the seat it might come close to the old Deauville we know althoufh fitting of luggage to the Bros is somewhere tricky & difficult. Same engine, similar setup and good reliability. Sorry for hijacking this post but some advice might come in handy...............Cheers, Franz