Insurance Companies

Aug 13, 2007
Thailand
What insurance companies are you using for your big bikes?

My insurance broker switched my Versys to Thai Sri as he said at the time they offered better cover for big bikes than the company I was using. Last year when it came do for renewal he recommended I switch to MSIG as they were having problems processing claims with Thai Sri. My Triumph XCx insurance is coming up and I asked the broker to quote me for MSIG. Quote was 9,000 baht higher than the NSI insurance I got from the dealer.

My wife has had two accidents in the past 12 years and the insurance didn't do squat for us. In fact the second accident the body shop they took the car to destroyed the car and we ended up selling it for peanuts to get ride of it. I've had one accident in 12 years. It was 3 months after I bought a new truck. I got T-boned by a 14 year old boy on a scooter and the police said it was my fault and the dealer supplied insurance refused to pay although it was clearly the boys fault as he ran into the side of my truck.

Are any of the companies truly better than another? Or is it even worth paying for more than the compulsory insurance and bail bond cover? I carry expat health insurance for me and the wife so I'm not worried about medical cover if I have an accident.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Thai Siri has always worked for me, although I've only had one claim.
The GTR recommended insurance broker Cnx INsure can make recommendations if you want to contact them via the insurance page on GTR.

Last edited:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Thai Siri worked perfect for me with my recent bike crash.
They paid out as per the policy.
200,000 baht 3rd party vehicle damages.

From

Motorbike Insurance

An insurance update.

Yesterday I finally got paid out from the compulsory por ror bor motorcycle insurance.
30,000 baht was paid into my account, against the excess medical bills I had to pay.
The 3rd party voluntary bail bond insurance I had with Thai Siri has also paid out for the damages to the vehicle that I hit.
The current policy had a 200,000 baht damages limit, but I intend to increase that 3rd party insurance to a maximum of 600,000 baht damages to another vehicle.

A quote from Roojai

Type 3+Collision only. Summary coverage
Sum insured ฿100,000
Repair at KPI’s preferred garages
Excess ฿2,000
Named drivers only
Third-party liability for bodily injury ฿500,000 per person
Third-party liability for property damages ฿600,000 per time
Personal accident ฿200,000 per person
Medical expense ฿200,000 per person
Compulsory insurance
Price Quoted + 6776 baht.
No idea who the insurance company is.

My current policy is with Thai Siri, via [email protected] but when this policy expires I will explore higher 3rd party coverage, with Thai Siri. I have used them for several years, had 2 claims & always been well satisfied with their service.

For any insurance enquiries we strongly recommend [email protected]
Mon is a rider & attends GTR events, part of the GTR team, so she will go that extra few metres to help out & make sure you are comfortable & sorted.

The best 3rd party Thai Siri for motorbikes

Motorcycle
Voluntary motor insurance that covers damage to the insured vehicle in the event of a collision with a land vehicle and covers damage to the life, body, health and property of third parties.
Vehicle coverage for collisions with land vehicles 5,000/10,000 baht
Coverage for liability for life and hygiene of third parties up to 10,000,000 baht
Protect third party assets up to 600,000 baht/time
There is no deductible.
Underwriting conditions
1. Personal motorcycles only
2. Vehicle age not exceeding 10 years (subject to the company's insurance conditions)
3. Vehicle protection In case of collision with a land vehicle, which the insured can inform the parties.
4. Only underwriting according to factory standards. Does not cover accessories.

Last edited: