Kanchanaburi trip 23.-26. October

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi guys, Dougal, Craig-Esib, some of our Thai friends & myself are planning a trip to Kan from Thu 23rd (public holiday) to Sun 26th of October. Route will be via Prachinburi, Nakhorn Nayok, Ta Rua, Angthong, Suphanburi and then to Kanchanaburi. Anyone interested in joining us should post quickly as Hotel reservations must be done ASAP. Kanchanaburi is far too close to the big Mango, so rooms will be quickly full everywhere.......Cheers, Franz

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Yes, yes, yes. Count me in Franz.

Just to add there will be day trip options to Sri Nakarin Dam and Erawan Waterfall and/or:
Saiyoke Waterfalls, Thong Pa Phum, Sanklaburi, Khao Laem Dam.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Morning Guys

We cant 100% confirm yet, but dont worry for us,, if we come we find hotel,, will confirm later as it's all depends my work(if i find any) condition..
But we love to go for sure...and if nothing is on that time, yes we are coming,,,

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Marco, you're more than welcome to join us, Hotel & walk-in prices might become a problem as too close to the "Big Mango" and many bikers are there each weekend, just see all the Fortuners/Vigo's/Vios'es heading west every saturday.......

Mike, three pagodas pass ?? should go there too !!! You're joining us ??? Would be good to finally meet you !!!

Cheers, Franz

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Well if you are organizing the hotel? :) I could come up there or meet in Nakhon Nayok.

What bikes will you guys be riding and what sort of speeds?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Mike, I will organise a hotel, Peter the route and some kind of ' loose' program. Bikes we drive: Peter - Yamaha Fazer 1, Craig - BMW R1200GS, Thawee - Harley Electra Glide, Ed - Kawa ZK9, Ngoh - CB750, Pat - Yamaha FZX750 and myself Yamaha FJR1300A. Speeds for cruising around 120km/h with some short burst of up to 1....... No problem for the 750's to follow. I might even take out my restored Yamaha SRX4 for this trip if I can finish her in time, so that wouldn't be a worry as she's limited between 140 and 150......Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi guys, Kanchanaburi is definetely on, we will go there as planned from Thu 23rd to Sun 26th of October via the route described above. I will do the Hotel reservations at River Kwai Bridge Resort:
www.riverkwaibridgeresort.com
As they are new (1 year) webbbooking not yet possible. Prices are Mon-Thu (1.200,- to 1.450,-) and higher for Fri-Sun (1.500,- to 1.650,-) ABF included. They have both Bungalows and Hotel Rooms.
Please email, PM or do a post in case you want to join and need a reservation asap as on this particular long weekend all will be full shortly.
Thanks & rgds, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
As of today I have booked 3 Hotelrooms at the a.m. resort for Peter (Dougal), Craig-Esib and for myself, confirmation I'll send you next week. Anybody else ?? Tks//rgds, Franz

bard

Oct 2, 2008
Hi Franz,

I am new in the forum, I live in Rayong and drive a Ninjette which cruise easily 100 - 140 km/h and would love to join on a trip. Unfortunately I am offshore working for the moment so I cannot join this trip, but I hope to join up in the future.

Cheers Bard

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
I wish we could make it but Mrs E3L0 has other plans for me. We've been married for ten years, or something. :shock:

Dec 27, 2007
Oh wow that looks like a NICE trip!

But I'm riding to Kanchanaburi next weekend...

Hmmm- two weekends in a row? Why not!

Gonna have to sell it to the missus though... :roll:

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi guys, everybody is welcome to join, once you got permission from your major shareholders, please drop me an email or PM me so I can reserve a room for you too. If you are looking for cheaper accomodation , there's some good guesthouses too.
Bard, we are doing trips here on a frequent basis, some are only day trips, some take several days to Chan, Khao Yai,.....we're all living from Sriracha to Pattaya out to Bowin, so easy to meet up once you're back. Our group is mixed farang & Thai !!
E3L0, next time of course, congratulations to the 10+ !! Got the Gold chain already :oops: :lol: ???????? Ahhhh, sorry after 10 + years a simple chain won't do it, a Jazz of Vios maybe hahahaha.......
Would be nice of you to join us the one or other trip !!!!
Tony, we could meet up somewhere near NongKhae/Saraburi where we cross the Mitrpharp road. If Thawee on his HD joins in, you won't miss us as you will hear him already once leaving Bangkok. When he's around and we're up to Khao Yai, no animals to be seen as they all flee before..... :p
Colin, will try that one for sure, Peter is always interested in new roads !! Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Meeting points:
Thursday 23.10. // 09:00 at the new PTT gasstation on the 331, if you come from Pattaya or Sattahip on the 331, pass entrance to Amata-City industrial Estate, pass the traffic light at Bowin, pass the entrance to Eastern Seaboard and Chonburi Industrial Estates, go on for another km, PTT is on your left just before the new crossroads where you can turn to Laem Chabang. From there on we will continue on the 331, 304, 319 and 33 to Nong Khae, shortly before Saraburi on #1, we will use the overpass over the Mitrpharp & Phayolothin Road that leads straight to Phachi. If you come from Bangkok, just head north on #1, the road to Saraburi, In Nong Khae turn left to Phachi. we will meet there between 13:00 and 13:30 on the nearest Petrol Station on the route # 329, even if it's 5 km away already from this roadcross. Riders confirmed so far: dougal, craig-esib, franz-eastern seaboard, thawee, neung, ed, ngoh. Bangkok & upcountry riders haven't confirmed yet. Ride safe, Franz

bard

Oct 2, 2008
Franz - Eastern Seaboard wrote:
Bard, we are doing trips here on a frequent basis, some are only day trips, some take several days to Chan, Khao Yai,.....we're all living from Sriracha to Pattaya out to Bowin, so easy to meet up once you're back. Our group is mixed farang & Thai !!
Hi Franz,
Sounds excellent I will PM you when I get home so we can meet up, I work on offshore rotation 28/28 so when home I am available every day for trips, day trips and weekend trips, hmm well unless the major shareholder has other plans that is.

Enjoy your trip to Kanchanaburi, Cheers Bard

Dec 27, 2007
Hi Franz!

Wonderful of you to put this together- Thank you!

I can't commit just yet as I'm going to ride to Kanchanaburi this weekend and the missus seems a bit put off if I take off two weekends in a row, but I will practice polite persistence and hope to join you!

You say you'll be heading up on 319, turning left (west) onto 33 at Kok / Mai Lai, yes?

BKK_KhaoYai.jpg

I think there's a nice shady spot there where I could hang out and wait for you. Again, can't commit just yet, but hope to see you!

Happy Trails 8)

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Yes Tony, we're on the 319 just to go around the town of Prachin, there's lot of shade there, I like this tree lined road. Nice place to wait is where the traffic light is, coming from south, on the left side is a pond and lots of small eateries around, I think next to the traffic light is the district administration of Prachin or some other governmental inkcastle. Good luck with your major shareholder, Franz

Dec 27, 2007
Ah yes- indeed you are correct- I recall that just past Prachin on the 319 there are some nice restaurants with ponds and trees and whatnot. A perfect place to meet.
Hope to see you then!

Dec 27, 2007
Dear Franz,

I know it's terribly short notice, but would it be ok with you if I join your group for the ride to Kanchanaburi tomorrow? I understand there may no longer be rooms available at the River Kwai Resort, but if it's full I'm sure I can find something in the area.

Feel free to give me a call- I've sent you my phone number by PM (If I don't answer it probably means I'm riding 8) (Need to take the Baby Ninja in today to get a wheel bearing looked at... Hopefully nothing serious!)

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Warm regards,

Tony

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tony, no worry, we are very glad you join us and have already reserved a room at the guesthouse where Peter and the Thai's will stay in advance for you !! Will call you today. B.rgds & welcome to the gang !! Franz

Dec 27, 2007
Outstanding! :D

Thank you again Franz!

I'll plan on meeting you tomorrow just north of Prachin Buri on highway 319-

PrachinBuriMap.jpg

Understand John will be meeting up in the same area?

What time do you expect to be there? Sounds like you will leave your place around 9am? I'll do the same and can be at Prachin Buri in about 45 minutes.

Looking forward to a fun ride!

See you soon.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tony, I'll send you and John an SMS in a short while with approximate time and both your mobilenumbers so you can call each other. I think the nice spot is not on your map, as I can remember it is further up the 319, coming from south on the 319, we pass a traffic light and on the right side there's some Toyota dealer, if we turn right we are already in Prachin town. The place I mean is some kilometers up north, there's also one traffic light (just after a right hand curve) and some waterponds & small stalls, that's the place. See u 2morrow & drive safe !! Cheers, Franz

PS: Craig cannot join as he was called in by his boss from abroad who announced a surprise visit, you can imagine he's a little.....well...p......

Dec 27, 2007
Cheers Franz,

I just got off the phone with John and I think I know the area you are talking about- it's a bit past Prachin Buri further north on 319 closer to where 319 intersects with 33.

John and I will play phone tag and find each other in that area tomorrow am and we'll await your arrival. 8)

--- edit ---

Ha ha- I JUST got your SMS- amazing all the communication methods at play here! GT Forum, email, SMS, and phone calls- wow!

Ok- I'll definitely be in the area before 11am so I'll enjoy a coffee and await your arrival.

Dec 27, 2007
I should get to bed, but I've been busy reading up on the attractions near where we're staying-

Hindad Hot Springs-
HOT%20SPRINGS.jpg

The Hindad hot springs are set alongside a tree shaded, cool river. Built to contain the plentiful hot water during WW2 by the Japanese forces these 3 pools are large enough for swimming & relaxing in. With the cool stream running just a few feet away a quick dip from the hot to the cold waters just completely relaxes every muscle in your body. Situated 30 km north of Sai Yok Yai national park & about 50km from the Hellfire Pass

Oh- that is going to feel SO GOOD after +400km in the saddle! :D