Kawasaki Warranty ER6N

Nov 3, 2009
Help Please - I am currently overseas and my Girlfriend went to purchase a 2010 ER6N on my behalf - no problems (Kawasaki Myton Pattaya).

I required a two brothers muffler to be fitted and they promptly told her this would void (cancel) the warranty.

Is this correct? I have never heard of this anywhere. I immediately (per phone) canceled the order.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks
JB

Sep 4, 2007
Hi JB,
I recently purchased a 2010 Ninja 650R from the Udon Thani dealer.
Since purchase they have fitted a Givi Rack for me and also volunteered the Akrapovic exhaust which they had in stock. No mention from them of warranty. As they fitted it and I will refer any warranty problems back to them then they will hopefully support me in any claim.
Everything working well after 3600km and 2 months.
Thailand normally not too strict on protocols and strict procedures. Not heard any bad stories about Kawasaki in this.
Shame for you not to get your new bike though. How about talking to Kawa in BKK and getting the official story.

Nov 3, 2009
Hi John,
Many thanks for your reply Mate.

I did some checking with Kawa International and under FAQ they actually clearly state that there is no problems fitting aftermarket parts from them or anyone else. This does not cancel the warranty. But that if it can be shown that any damage was done as the direct result of that part, then this will void the warranty for that damage - understandable and acceptable.

This was then expalined to the dealer - appears there was a brakdown in communication.

While I was tnitially told that there would be no 2 year warranty if they fitted an after market exhaust, the story has now changed to no warranty on the exhaust.....just a huge difference.

So my girlfriend is back there to buy it now with the TB exhaust.

Thanks again for the info John - hopefully my bike will be fully registered by the time I return to Thailand in early Dec.

Jack

Sep 4, 2007
Good to hear of a happy ending. Will look forward to reading about your impressions of the bike when you get it, they are still in stock up here in Isaan, hopefully delivery will be well within your timescale. If its riding without plates that bothers you, as long as you carry the right paperwork, I have never had any hassle with that, with any of the 3 bikes I have bought new. As long as you are happy to stay within Thailand, going across the borders would not be possible. Cheers. John.

Nov 3, 2009
Hi John,
my previous bikes in Thailand were a Ducati Hypermotard 1100s and a Suzuki DRZ SM 400 - only problem I ever encountered was with Police in Pattaya that didn't accept my Aussie Drivers license - in Phuket, this was no problem. I'll get a Thai license this time.

I'll do a trip up to Korat soon and that'll be a good test for the bike and provide for some comparison.

Thanks again and safe riding,
Jack