Ko Pirelli nasty bike crash

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
News in that Ko Pirelli had a nasty bike crash racing yesterday.

" Bike accident in the track. Brain bleeding but dr gave medicine already, broken neck, left collar bone, left wrist and left hip. We are hoping that he'll recovery asap. Still in icu and waiting for his brain to get better to have operation with the broken parts."
We wish him good luck for a speedy recovery.

Dec 27, 2007
Terrible news! Ko is such a nice guy and has done so much for the sport here in Thailand. Praying for a full and speedy recovery!

Aug 25, 2012
It happened on the back straight coming down from the hill after the left hander. Coming down at high speed obviously. A lot of us there saw it but it happened so fast that no one can actually say what happened. One theory was that the front wheel lifted and did not come down straight. There was also another rider close by. It put a damper on things obviously but in any case, the weekend concluded successfully

Dec 27, 2007
Wow, such serious injuries from a crash on the back straight? I assumed he lost it in the long left hander at the back where, if you lose it, you're straight into the wall. Really though, the back straight at Kaeng Krachan isn't straight at all and has two chicanes thrown in for good measure. More and more friends are getting seriously busted up riding track here. Makes you think, doesn't it...

Ko has a lovely wife and two beautiful children- they must be worried sick about him!
1453550_10152074952723923_1568733550_n.jpg

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
TonyBKK;295034 wrote: Wow, such serious injuries from a crash on the back straight? I assumed he lost it in the long left hander at the back where, if you lose it, you're straight into the wall. Really though, the back straight at Kaeng Krachan isn't straight at all and has two chicanes thrown in for good measure. More and more friends are getting seriously busted up riding track here. Makes you think, doesn't it...

Ko has a lovely wife and two beautiful children- they must be worried sick about him!
Sounds pretty bad, always worse when young kids are in the picture :( No kidding about getting busted up at that track. After looking at it on Google Earth, it looks like the developers squished 2X the track into half the land. Very little run-off room before meeting a barrier in many places. That one would give me pause.

Aug 25, 2012
He had navigated the left hander followed by the right and was already heading straight towards the first of the two chicanes. There is a slight elevation drop just about 200 metres or so before the first chicane. If I remember correctly, it was around there that he crashed. He did not crash into any wall but was thrown clear of the bike when he came off.

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
yychow0812;295055 wrote: He had navigated the left hander followed by the right and was already heading straight towards the first of the two chicanes. There is a slight elevation drop just about 200 metres or so before the first chicane. If I remember correctly, it was around there that he crashed. He did not crash into any wall but was thrown clear of the bike when he came off.
We have a track here that has a notorious bend (turn 3) where the elevation change causes all kinds of trouble. Luckily, I was well warned about it prior to my first outing there.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hope that Ko gets the best available treatment in Bangkok and also wish him a 100% recovery with all my heart, always has been a friendly, down-to-earth and helpful guy in our society of biking Primadonnas !! FR