KTM and Royal Enfield in Thailand.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Just Heard a Rumour today that KTM have some Bikes in Bangkok going through the Emissions Checks :wink: Hope it is True :idea: The Question then is Who is going to be the Dealer :?: I know it is Not Brit Bikes as they couldn't Reach agreement with the Malaysian Franchise Holders of KTM!
But Next Year Brit Bikes will be the Royal Enfield Dealers for Thailand 8)
Interesting Times.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ian, should be as the local website is directly connected to the Austrian one: http://www.ktmthailand.com
If you click there on bikes you are directed to HQ and if you use the dealer locator you get the same Phuket information as in the local site. Not understandable for me why Phuket :? ........as it is far off the real action & market. Same as an international tech company doing their R&D department in Pattaya......... :oops:
Concerning Royal Enfield, they should pass as they did already in several EU countires with very strict environmental laws :twisted: . Bullet Electra or Macho with catalyst & F.I. should be soon available here. Can remember in reading a threat in some Thai newspaper the other day.......Cheers, Franz

pee

Mar 10, 2006
Thanks for the tip Ian.
It would be interesting to know which KTM models are presumably going through the emission checks.
Had a look at the KTM site Franz pointed out... The picture there suggests a "kind of riding along the Riviera atmosphere"...
Anyway last year Khun Vikrom (Red Baron's manager) told me he could order any bike -including KTM. He had then just ordered a Supermoto KTM 690 for a customer.
Interesting subject... Let's see what comes up...
Cheers

PSS

Aug 30, 2008
Hi Ian i'm Poon from KhonKaen (Yellow F650GS) can u remeber me ?

I'm glad to heard that brit bike will be a Royal Enfield dealer.

I like it, It's awesome. If u know about the price plz. tell me i'll prepared my

money.

Thx so much

Poon

PS. BULLET 350 i like it.
bullet-350-landing.jpg

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Poon,
Hope all is well with You. I am flying to India end of the Month and have brought a Brand New 350 Bullet. Mine has a Disc Brake and a few other things but pretty much like the Photo You posted.
BritBikes Royal Enfield Line Up will probably be limited to about 3 Models as All will be the New Engines with Fuel Injection as Sold in England. So probably 500cc and cost around 350.000 Baht. See You Soon. :wink:

PSS

Aug 30, 2008
Ian Bungy wrote: Hi Poon,
Hope all is well with You. I am flying to India end of the Month and have brought a Brand New 350 Bullet. Mine has a Disc Brake and a few other things but pretty much like the Photo You posted.
BritBikes Royal Enfield Line Up will probably be limited to about 3 Models as All will be the New Engines with Fuel Injection as Sold in England. So probably 500cc and cost around 350.000 Baht. See You Soon. :wink:
350,000,- is so expensive for me . . .

Have a nice trip in India ... God safe you ... good luck

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
You have to either be a hard core Enfield fan or be swimming in money to shell out 350,000THB - a 650 Kawasaki Ninja is cheaper...!

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
350 k, same sick joke like the prices for other HoScrap called HD :evil: ............have seen they are quite pricey in Europe too. Won't sell too many of them and that may also be the reason there's so few on Thai roads, simply too unreliable, old, non-performing and won't have a good resale value at all......cheers, FR

Jul 9, 2009
Too bad some of the manufacture can't be done here. I think if they were able to sell the Enfields for about 100k there would be a lot of people that would consider them. I know I am one of them. I think at that kind of a price they would start to compete with the phantoms. Given a choice between a phantom or an enfield for a price that was similar. I for one would go with the enfield any day.
(assuming parts were easy to get that is).