Long term storage Laos

Nov 13, 2012
Hello together,

any tips/info for my situation would be greatly appreciated...

...i'm on my RTW Trip and intend to stay in Thailand for some time (1-2 years).

My bike (Honda XL650 Transalp), registered in Germany, just arrived in Bangkok on 1Month temporary import.
I will have an ED Visa for the time in Thailand, which means i cannot enter Thailand again with this bike if i should leave (at least that's what people keep telling me).
Anyway, keeping a foreign registered bike in Bangkok seems to be A LOT of hassle.

That's why i would like to park/store my bike for the 1-2 years in Laos.
Question is, if i just enter Laos legally, park it with friends, and take it out years later, will they freak out? :evil: Could i eventually solve that with some $$$? What's gonna happen?
Anyone done that before?

If Laos is as difficult as Thai for customs stuff, does anybody know if it's still "super easy" in Cambodia? I heard you don't even get registered when you enter the right border?

Anyone any other ideas?

Thanks!
Moritz

www.1world2go.com

Mar 12, 2013
An old thread I see and suprised to see that no one answered it!

As I've never done it I can't say for sure but I don't think you will have any major problems to be honest. You will have a fine to pay for overstaying your temporary admission but not sure what it'll be??

If your still after somewhere to leave the bike then give me a PM and we can sort something out.

All the best!