Long weekend trip to Chantaburi Trat

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
I'm planning another trip now down the eastern way, anyone to join ?
Friday 18. July, meet at PTT at 10:00 on route 36 near the Kratingrai roadcross (coming from Bkk on the new highway/bypass just turn left on the big crossing in direction Rayong, right hand you head to Pattaya & The Regents International School) and the petrol station is right after the roadcross.
Go to Chantaburi Chaolao Beach via 36 & 3399, hotel proposal: either Faasai Resort (not directly on the beach but very quiet, Kung wimarn Beach), http://www.faasai.com/ or seashell village (on Chaolao beach): http://www.seashell-village.com/
Explore the surroundings during the day, get some good food at any of the few small Thai restaurants in the evening. Fresh seafood.......Singha....
Next day make the trip along the beach on the newly finished road up to Laem Singh Beach. Afternoon continue to Trat, stay either in town or take the ferry to Koh Chang. Evening some good yummies. Next day go around the island and in the afternoon head back to our homes. I will most probably stay on some 2-3 days. Hotels for Trat & Koh Chang not yet fixed, but I will look them up first via the internet and then make a proposal later on. Anyone to join, please post or PM/email me. Cheers, Franz

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Count me in Franz.

Check the calender again because I think Thursday 17/07/08 is a public holiday (Asarnha Bucha Day) and we could leave then.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Peter, Thu 17.7. is no official holiday but Fri 18.7. is "Khao Pansa", cannot leave on Thu before 17:00 ex factory.

Jul 21, 2007
Franz, hope to have my old XL600 back on the road, needed a new engine. Should be free that weekend and would like to tag along. Living down by the beach in Ban Chang so if you don't mind could join up around Rayong.

Davie

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Davie, Ban Chang no problem for us.
To all of you, I think you get yourself a rain protection before we leave. Just got soaked last week several times. More detailed program will be posted during next week.
Cheers, Franz

Jul 21, 2007
Cheers Franz. Hope I get my bike back in time, been in the shop for a month and a half now and still not even started on it :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well pissed off to say the least.

Oct 17, 2006
Sorry guys I cant make it ,I have to look after my daughter this weekend as my wife is doing political rally in Bangkok.

Oct 4, 2006
[Booking could be done via www.asiarooms.com as it is much cheaper there]

A word of warning: I booked a room in Kuala Lumpur using Asia Rooms when I went to watch the last MotoGP, and I had to pay again when I arrived; the hotel claimed never to have received my payment taken by Asia Rooms.

Absolutely no way to get my money back afterwards.

Jun 21, 2008
It's Bronwen the owner of Faasai Resort here. I just saw your post and would like to offer you a 20 percent discount on your rooms if you would like to book directly with me. We only have 15 rooms so you can take the place over if you want. But since it is a long weekend, it would be a good idea to book as soon as possible.

Sep 27, 2007
Franz, as you have seen in Buy & Sell the F650GS is making way for bigger and better things... So right now no bike! I feel naked without it already. Hopefully this situation can be resolved before the 19th so we can join you on the trip. Saen and I took a long weekend to Ko Chang at the beginning of May, unfortunately 3 days of near solid rain WET WET WET. The locals on the Island also said July and August are known for rain, so recommend all to pack wet weather gear. Bikes on the ferry are no problem, they let us straight to the head of the queue so no waiting for the cars and trucks. Loads of nice places to hang out on the island...

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Dear All, Monday next week I will organise everything if we can get several guys to go on this trip. Unfortunately Jerry had to go back to the UK so he will not join. I'm waiting for Craig to get his new R1200GS beforehand; we are in frequent contact. Draggons what about you, your 600 still not up and running ? If it does not work out for both of you, we should postpone it. Peter & me could do a shorter trip to Chan only and have some real serious discussions over several of the small brown bottles with the whitish-golden stickers on it, just like old times in Khao Yai......Other thing, I'm not scared of rain but chances are we run into something like this week are high.......Cheers, Franz

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Franz, hate to do this to you buddy but I can't make it this weekend.

Have to go up to Udon to sort out some things. Should of gone this weekend just passed but................

It is the 'age old' or 'old age' problem I refer to as the AA problem:
A sudden and impulsive confusion between ones Ambitions & Abilities.

In this case moving furniture; result: f%$ked back and bruised ego.

How about the Dream Chaser gig on 2nd. August?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Peter, no pompemm, it's now only Craig and me. Craig got already his new R1200GS and drove her to KYNP already this weekend. I won't probably not make it either as I have to deliver the Beemer to Khon Kaen this weekend and none of my buddies with Pick-up's are free, so I will rid her up and go down by taxi just to pick up the FJR and drive ot CNX. Dreamchaser on 2nd August, I have to look this one up first, anyway if there's something planned, I will hurry back from CNX and join in. Cheers FR

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
This trip we will postpone as it's only Craig-ESIB left, I will go Northeast to deliver the F650GS to its new owner. Anyway the weather is not that good for a trip to the beaches. Will post anew once Jerry is back and Dougal not busy. Cheers Franz

Oct 17, 2006
I am somewhere between shetland and faeroe islands on a ship , may be out here for weeks or maybe in Thailand in august .

who knows , its your chance to torpedo me .