Looking to join

carson

Jan 29, 2007
After days of reading this great board and filling a notebook full of notes I have the courage to finally post!

I will be in Chiang Mai around March 6 to the 10th. I am hoping to meet up with any of you folks to either ride or more important visit with. It would be great to put some faces with the names and buy beer as payment due for all the fantastic tips, pictures and just plain good advice I have found on this board!

People that travel thousands of miles from home to ride rental bikes in a foreign land are number one on my Kewl list not to mention something I just GOT TO DO!

If you recognized my first dirt bike in the garage as an OSSA 250 then you know my age.[:D]

And by the way:
Taking 5 hours to do the loop when others did it in 2 is just my speed; count me in.[:p]

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Yep, welcome Carson and when you hit town, just stick a post up offering to buy beer at a certain time & destination and I'm sure the GT-R boys will be round you like bees round a honeypot! Garage? What garage?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Hi Carson,

We were recently in Chiang Mai for 4/5 days and found ourselves wanting a bit more (well, a lot more really but hey!). A few days just doesn't seem enough to meet the locals, find your way around and then get out and do some real exploring.

I'm dead envious anyway - you're busy planning and I'm busy dreaming..

Best wishes,

Tomo.

Nov 14, 2004
Carson, welcome aboard, I'm on the sidelines down in Australia, but the memories of riding out of Chang Mai get me through.
So you rode an Ossa, that makes you 50+ state taxes! a mate rode one when i was on my Yammaha Dt 250a, they were cutting edge back then, If you had the bucks you had a Bultaco.
Look forward to your future posts....Scott.Ps are you kin to Kit?

Apr 22, 2003
Brave lad offering beer incentives to GT riders for tips and information, word of warning, get the information first then offer the beers. In the eyes of a GT rider at a money exchange the simble THB does not represent Thai Baht, but a more simple currency
John