Luang Prabang Bike Rental?

Sep 2, 2003
First of all congratulations on putting together an excellent site - have read all the info and trip reports with great interest.

I'm looking to do some biking in Laos (first week of October) and was wondering if anyone knew of any Baja's or similar for rental in Luang Prabang. If no 250s are MTXs available? I'm looking for anything with off road capability that I could tour with 2 up for a week or so.

I read the post saying 250s were available in Vientiane - if nothing is available in LP what are my chances of getting one of the Vientiane bikes delivered to LP?

Any info much appreciated.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Benny
Dont like your chances to score any 250s in Luang Prabang.
So do yourself a favour & start from Vientiane with a bike from PVO & get them to come & pick the bike up from LP maybe?
Route 13 from Vientiane to Luang Prabang is arguably the greatest biking road in S E Asia - don't miss it!

Davidfl
Keep the power on

Sep 2, 2003
For info there is a guy on the Lonely Planet Thorntree message board who is sure he has seen 250cc dirt bikes for rent in Luang Prabang opposite Jaliya Guesthouse which I think is very close to the Lao Aviation office.

If anyone is in Luang Prabang over the next few days I (and I guess a few others on this messageboard) would appreciate confirmation of this as well as details of bike spec, condition etc.

If anyone has got a few minutes to check this out I'd be very grateful!

pirip

Feb 11, 2003
Benny B,
Agree with David. cant say i have seen any off road bikes in L.P. for rent, i also cant see PVO (who have the best bikes) delivering a bike to L.P. without any money up front.
Much better to rent in Vientiennne and do rt 13 back.
you will not regret it! good luck!
(Two up on an MTX for a week?.......oooowch!)

Susan

Oct 17, 2003
Hey you guys,

I've just found you! I'm a CM rider and I'm leaving for Laos in a week (Oct 24) I would LOVE to be able to rent a bike there, either in Luang Probang or Vientienne, not sure yet which way I'll enter Laos. Here in Tahiland, I've been riding a rented Honda Phantom but a bigger sports bike what I ride back home. Either would be fine.

How do I contact you guys? I prefer to meet and talk in person. Any help?

Missrunahead