Luang Prabang Off road

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Today I was checking out some off road around Luang Prabang. There's plenty that's for sure. I made about 100 kms off road today and had lotsa fun. It's mostly gravel road, that I actually don't like so much-I'm more or less a "mud" person. Anyway I captured some nice sites, that You'll never see if You don't go off road. Since the motorcycle is not my own and the engine occures to be a little funny lately I take it easy. I wished I had braught some tools. It's pretty desperate out there, if You have a flat tire. At the very moment it seems like the valves are not open enough and so the engine goes out every time I stop. I'm waiting for David to come over tomorrow and hope to have some more nice trips with this guy.

BobS

Jan 20, 2003
Hi Rudy

How is David getting there? Doing the Huay Xai boat ride detour?

His last Laos story sounded like a crackdown on the no-plate bike at the Friendship bridge.

BobS

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
BobS
Flown into LPB with Meow & Jason for a few days to check on how my maps are (not) being distributed.
Met young Rudi & Julian last night by the river for quiet ale.
LPB is as good as ever, if not better, but a bit quiet at the moment. However I expect it to be a good high season with loads of people enjoying the great sabai of Laos. This place really is bloody wonderful.
No trouble getting in this time, the Lao plane had a plate on it.

Davidfl
Keep the power on