MapMagic any Info?

carson

Jan 29, 2007
Running MapMagic of Thailand on my laptop, anyone have any information on this map? Seems to cover quite a lot with details. No gps direct link; none I have found anyway.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
If you have it what else do you need to know? Shows mostly main routes and many inaccurate. Limited "zoom" level. Does not work with GPS, slow and clumsy to use unless you have a fast computer. Usually sells with a hard copy map also. That's about it. Better than nothing I guess.

If you want accurate maps of the North obviously buy David's maps.

carson

Jan 29, 2007
SilverhawkUSA,

Thank you for the reply.
I was using it for a general lay of the land along with Unkovich’s guide book. I have a teckie friend who offered to move the MapMagic over to my GPS; if not that accurate it might do me more harm than good trying to apply it to “real world” conditions.

David Unkovich’s book is the best, but I still want my cool high teck toys!

Jun 21, 2006
I use Map Magic all the time, can get waypoints of major junctions/intersections which I then transfer over to my gps. A bit time consuming but at least can do that part at home, then make a route out of it, switch on and away you go.

Found the Map Magic of bangkok extremely useful as it shows all gas stations/car dealers etc.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I don't have Map Magic of Bangkok and to be honest have seldom used it. I would rely on tropicaljohno experience with it more than mine. If your friend can get it to work on your GPS it is worth a try. I think it may be really slow updating screens on a GPS though. Let us know.