Moto 2 ?

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Next year moto 2 is replacing the 250's anyone have an idea of what it's going to be?

That was one heck of a 250 race yesterday hate to see them go. hey seem to be more evenly matched and winning is more based on riders skills then the equipment.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
monsterman wrote: from what i read it is going to be a one make HONDA only series which is sad.
Hmmm, maybe I'm behind the times but I thought it was going to be 600cc four stroke based open to all manufacturers? Not as "production" as supersport, but not as "prototype" as MotoGP. However, I have been known to be wrong...... ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

May 6, 2009
Motor will be supplied by Honda with no restrictions on tuning. The remainder of the bike is prototype. So, frame suspensions and all other components will be free of restrictions.
You can bet the FIM will keep changing the rules to make it cheaper to run.

I do not know if you have ever watched the world super sports champion ship but in my opinion, over the last few years, it is the most close and best racing in terms of exciting to watch you could ever get.

My prediction is that Moto2 will be even better than MotoGP.
42 bikes on the grid. MotoGP cant rustle up 18 at the moment and it is the usual proccession.
Still great to watch though.

pee

Mar 10, 2006
Moto 2 bikes could look like this:
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/154475 ... _bike.html

Hope it will be as much fun as you hint Brian 66 as I already miss 250 which often proved to offer better racing than Moto GP...
Not sure it was because of the bike profiles or the "rookie" character of the the riders though... A guy like Marco Simoncelli, more than once border line with his agressive riding, has the talent to produce great racing show.
Wish the best for Moto 2 anyway...

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Watching Super Bikes it's a lot more riders skill as opposed to has the strongest bike. So that may end up being pretty good to watch.

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Sad the way it has all gone. I remember the days of a GP over two days consisting of 50.125.250.350 and 500cc classes, plus the sidecars on top. So much more entertaining than the circus there is now. MotoGP is headed down the same dreary route as F1 as far as I am concerned... :roll: