Na Meo border crossing/Solo riders looking to meet up?

Adam29

Aug 24, 2012
Hey all,

My first post here about this. Does anyone know about crossing from VN in to Laos at Na Meo? I have a Honda Win 110cc registered in VN with the blue card. Should be pretty easy no?

Also: Any solo riders out there in Laos now looking to meet up and ride south?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Adam29
FRom

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/35644-Can-t-enter-Thailand-with-a-vietnamese-motorbike

Yes from what I can gather in Hanoi, bikes are getting turned back from all the Laos border crossing checkpoints in the North too. Supposedly a new policy/ ruling from inside Laos.
From what I could gather with contact in Vientiane there has been an instruction from the capital to the border provinces "to enforce the rules / law" = no Vietnamese bikes into Laos. Supposedly someone has decided to dust off the old rule book & see that the law is enforced. It may however be enforced selectively at some provincial border crossings.
Please let us know how you go, because this is a popular question, for which there have been few replies from personal experience - riders trying to cross from Vietnam to Laos - at the border.

Adam29

Aug 24, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply! I will post an update with the results - indeed, valuable information.