Na Meo border crossing/Solo riders looking to meet up?

Discussion in 'Laos Road Trip Reports' started by Adam29, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Adam29

Adam29 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,

My first post here about this. Does anyone know about crossing from VN in to Laos at Na Meo? I have a Honda Win 110cc registered in VN with the blue card. Should be pretty easy no?

Also: Any solo riders out there in Laos now looking to meet up and ride south?

2. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0 / -0
    Adam29
    FRom

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/35644-Can-t-enter-Thailand-with-a-vietnamese-motorbike

From what I could gather with contact in Vientiane there has been an instruction from the capital to the border provinces "to enforce the rules / law" = no Vietnamese bikes into Laos. Supposedly someone has decided to dust off the old rule book & see that the law is enforced. It may however be enforced selectively at some provincial border crossings.
    Please let us know how you go, because this is a popular question, for which there have been few replies from personal experience - riders trying to cross from Vietnam to Laos - at the border.

3. Adam29

Adam29 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick reply! I will post an update with the results - indeed, valuable information.

4. mat.ward

mat.ward Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0