new bike shop in cambodia

imkz

Nov 26, 2006
hi guys i am new to the site and i am opening up a new bike shop in cambodia. i worked for UPS as an aircraft mechanic for years and i have been traveling to cambodia for the past 5 years i have traveled on a lot of the roads and have had a great time and met some great people please check out my web site www.adventure-moto.com if their is any info i can help anyone with please feel free to ask if i dont know i will try to get a answer for you i am looking forward to doing some trips around thailand and in laos and maybe vietnam but i have some issues to deal with first hopew to hear from some of you jeff

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Great site you have and I wish you all the best in your endeavors.
The more outfits getting people to ride the red cambo roads the better.
Do start posting what you are up to on GT Rider as well as adding this site to your links.
I hope to be coming thru PP at the end of the week and will try & look you up.
It would be great if you had a map showing where you are in PP.
Also prices of your rentals wold be helpful.
All the best & good luck.
Rhodie

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I agree...have a map showing your shop's location.
Maybe indicate some basic repair prices and services, as The Bike Shop does on their website.

Also, with regards to your pictures...FWIW...
You list a city or town and show nothing but a dirt road.
This will lead some who have never been to Cambo to believe there are no paved roads. Also provide pictures of the town or cities you list...show a street scene with and all the buildings and people....lest the uninformed might believe there is little civilization in Cambodia!
Also, replace you distant picture of a landmine sign with a closeup of the sign. Capture one on the Net.

imkz

Nov 26, 2006
i have plans to put a map on the website its just a matter or time and i am going to put more picturesi was having a guy in the states do my website and now i need to find someone here so it might take a bit but i still have alot to do first i have a shipping container comming in to town this week god what a pain in the a*## and i have some other stuff to do around the shop . Rhodie i am looking forward to meeting you i am by the river front street 136

Nov 14, 2004
Imks, I'm sure that the business will be a success, keep us all informed about the progress of things, Beers an cheers.
Scott...Land of "OZ"

imkz

Nov 26, 2006
i have a map but not sure how to upload it to the site if anyone wants a map please e-mail me and i will e-mail it to you sorry but i am new to the site....

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by imkz

.....was having a guy in the states do my website and now i need to find someone here...

If you're looking for someone local to help with your website, you might try contacting the admin on Khmer440 and ask if he can suggest someone: http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/
Or post on the board and surely some of the local barangs can offer some decent suggestions.