New friends for rides

May 7, 2006
Hello everyone,
This is my first post. I just got to Chaing Mai yesterday. I'd like to meet some people for caravaning on rides, either day trips or maybe longer. Who's here now? How do I find you? I'm looking for riding buddies only, please - no romance and no B.S. OK? I am a woman traveling alone so I just have to get that out of the way. :) If that offends you, well, we wouldn't get along anyway! Heh heh.
I learned to ride a motorcycle last year, in preparation for this trip. I learned on a 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 500cc! I took the safety course and did a bit of riding on the streets of San Diego. Since then I've been driving here and there in cities and islands and such. I haven't done any longer trips (i.e. all day or even overnight) yet but I hear N. Thailand is the place to do it. I don't know how many miles I've done but I'd consider myself a well-schooled and still cautious beginner. I love leisurely rides on well-paved roads with non-intimidating traffic, and I avoid freeways because they scare me (at least the ones in America, where I learned...maybe they're different here). I'm really excited to do some exploring around Chaing Mai.
So...anyone want to meet up and see if we get along? Share stories of your rides? Plan some trips?
Thanks for reading!
Kimberly

Nov 14, 2004
Kimbo, welcome to the post, you'll enjoy your ride in N'Thai land, the guys up there are a great bunch. Post all your adventures on GT Riders, I'd like to follow your trip from Australia, as soon as you can meet DavidFl, he's the bomb in brains trust in rideing GT.
Send a post to a Girly rider Ming, what she has'nt seen is maybee not worth seeing, also Helen and dave if they are still touring around.
Take heaps of picks an post'm as well.
Regards Scott...Land of "OZ".What are you rideing over there?

Jan 22, 2005
Hi Kim,

When you get the time, ride over here to Chiang Khong (five hours from CM) and we can doing the many roads in this area. We ride a good deal of the time and always 2Up

Cheers,
David and Mai
2Up 1150RT
cell phone 01 9902096

May 7, 2006
Thanks, folks!
I rented a Honda Dream and am enjoying tooling around the city a little bit. Next stop, boot shopping! And then maybe a bigger bike...and some long rides.

Nov 14, 2004
You may ride to live, but you live to shoe in C/Mai for boots, ankle high, knee high, thigh high. You go girl, then hire a good bike an do the May Hong Son loop.
Regards Scott[8D]

May 14, 2006
Hey Kimyoga,
I don't know if your still here in Chaing Mai but I am keen to do the Mae Song don Loop with somebody. I to am only a begginer so would also like to take things reasonably safe. I hear there may be a little rain on the way so I'm not sure when it would be best to leave. I have about a week and a half left here and would like to do it before I leave. Can anyone else tell me if a week is enough for the loop?