New Tyres for My Vulcan 900

Jan 13, 2009
Looking for a place in Chiang Mai to replace my stock Vulcan tyres as they are considered slicks the way they are now LOL i dont want to go to Kawasaki as they want 4500 per tyre and are the same as stock tyres which are not that good and I think I can get better quality elsewhere.

Also considering going to the darkside with the back tyre anyone else put a car tire on the back end

cheers

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Spiederman,
You can't fit a Tubless Car Tyre to a Tubless Bike Rim unless You have it Machined to Suit the Bead. Joe at Joe's Bike Shop is the Expert at that as He does it to all His Sidecar Conversions. If I was You I would go for some Pirelli Tyre's or something Similar. Check out:
http://www.pirellityre.com/web/fitment/ ... mentanchor

Seems these are the Tyres for Your Bike:

MT 66 ROUTE MT 66 ROUTE
Front Rear
80/90 - 21 M/C 48H ROUTE MT 66 Front - 2 BAR 180/70 - 15 M/C 76H TL ROUTE MT 66 - 2.25 BAR

All Big Bike Tyre's will be relatively Expensive here, That's the Price so I doubt You will get anything Cheaper than 4500 baht? Nothing of any Quality or Performance anyway?

Dec 4, 2007
Spiederman, don't forget about balancing those new skins. Yamaha has the equipment but doesn't know how to use it. Dyna Beads keeps the tires balanced dynamically with no external weights to clutter your rims. Got them on three of my bikes. Richco has them in stock.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I will second that Sojourner! I used to have a Ugly Mess of Weights on My Tiger Rims which Looked Terrible!!!I put Dyna Beads in when I changed My Tyres last and removed all the Weights! Looks a Hundred Percent Better and Smooth as Silk, no noticeable Bad effects!I brought mine from www.whitehorsegear.com . That was before I knew Richco had them. Top stuff!