New Yamaha FJR1300AS.

Nipper

Nov 12, 2005
Hi all,
Do you know of any Yamaha dealer that has or is getting in a Yamaha FJR1300AS which is now available in Australia. It is the same bike as the FJR1300A except for the auto clutch and toggle on the handle bar, see below and website. A$25000.00

Hi-tech touring taken to the next level.

Available only on the FJR1300AS, the YCC-S, or Yamaha Chip Controlled Shift is essentially a manual transmission with a computer controlled clutch. Internally, the FJR1300’s 5-speed transmission and clutch remain intact; however, we’ve added a clutch controller and electronic shift actuator all connected to a sophisticated computer to provide perfect, clutchless manual shifting in any situation.

YCC-S puts more emphasis on the enjoyment of the ride, particularly in stop/start traffic or on long trips and responds quickly to the riders commands.

The YCCS system is groundbreaking, state of the art technology, and provides a riding experience like no other motorcycle on the market.

It’s up to you whether you shift using the handlebar-mounted switch or foot lever, but you won’t need to operate a clutch with either.

www.yamaha-motor.com.au/motor/index.htm ... delcatid=2

Sep 4, 2007
Yamaha Big bike shops in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Khorat have been selling the FJR1300A, without the automatic clutch, for just over 12 months, they are available from stock. They do not have any current plan to bring in the model you are after. If you would like to speak to the Yamaha guys direct come to Khon Kaen Bike Week vol 2 on 20th or 21st February.

Maybe Red Baron can get hold of the FJR1300AS, but I have not seen one in Thailand yet.

Nipper

Nov 12, 2005
johngooding wrote: Yamaha Big bike shops in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Khorat have been selling the FJR1300A, without the automatic clutch, for just over 12 months, they are available from stock. They do not have any current plan to bring in the model you are after. If you would like to speak to the Yamaha guys direct come to Khon Kaen Bike Week vol 2 on 20th or 21st February.

Maybe Red Baron can get hold of the FJR1300AS, but I have not seen one in Thailand yet.
Thanks for the info, I will make inquiries at the shops mentioned they may be getting them as they have only been released this year.
Nipper