Off road track for 10 day ride around Northern Laos

Tonypsj

Jan 18, 2023
Hello! I'm Tony from Spain and I'm planning a 10 day riding trip around Norther Laos with my friend Jim from the UK. We'll be renting a couple of CRF250 from Luang Prabang and we are planning an 8 to 10 day loop around the north but we're having difficulties in finding off road GPS tracks to follow for our journey. I've just come across the Forum and it's a great source of infomation! :grinning:
We are not hard core enduro riders but have enough experience to feel confident on most rideable tracks and paths. We've done a few biking trips around North Vietnam, India and Thailand and we are excited to discover Laos, whilst trying to venture off road as much as possible.
Our approximate idea would be to link Luang Prabang - Muang Xay - Luang Namtha - Muang Boun Tai - Muang Khua - Vang Xieng - Muang Xon - Phonsavan - Van Vieng but we're fine to make changes if anybody has suggestions.
We've seen that there is a lot of road building going on and any tips for off road or GPS tracks around the north would be greatly appreciated!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
There;s a few here

Tonypsj

Jan 18, 2023
Hi David, thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction! I'll look into it!