Pave all the roads in Issan, big job

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Hope they fix some pot holes as well :roll:

NEWS HEADLINE : Rural Roads Dept. to pave non-asphalt roads nationwide
The caretaker Director-General of the Department of Rural Roads, Mr. Supot Saplom (Êؾ¨¹ì ·ÃѾÂìÅéÍÁ), says he will accelerate a project to transform non-asphalt roads overseen by the department across the country into macadamized road within the next two to three years.

Mr. Supot says the project was initiated in line with Transport Minister Santi Phromphat?s policy to modernize roads nationwide. More than 32 billion baht is estimated for the project?s implementation.

According to Mr. Supot, most of the non-asphalt roads are in the Northeastern region and demand for high-quality roads has been increased. Macadamized roads will greatly benefit tourism and transportation of agricultural products from production sites to markets.

Mr Supot says further that the construction of the roads uses less budget than other types of routes.

Oct 17, 2006
I was riding on many tiny rural roads in the Isaan. I was surpruised how much road work was going on.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
PICO-PICO wrote: I was riding on many tiny rural roads in the Isaan. I was surpruised how much road work was going on.
Pico-Pico
It would be really good if you could take the time to put up some pics & / or a brief trip outline / summary. Nothing flash or detailed, just a few photos & notes of what was good / bad, you enjoyed most / the least.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I wouldn't worry about them paving all the roads around here there will always dirt for those who want it. Actually some of the dirt roads are in good condition and street bikes can navigate with no problem.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Also in and around Ubon here is a lot of construction on going,, especially towards to Yasothon (Rd 23), they are building 4lanes from Ubon, but they have money only for 24kmeters...LOL

Also from Ubon to Trakan (Rd.2050)there is HEAVY road construction for first 10Kmeter's.

Road towards Det Udom(Rd. 24) was finished last year and now is 4 lane AFTER Ubon University.

Road towards to Amnat Charoen(Rd.212) has been good for many years already.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
The Roads up there Should All Be Paved in Gold anyway the Amount of Money the Leaches Have Ripped off Innocent Farangs!!! Still Can't Believe How Backwards they are Considering the Amount of Money Passes through there every Month??? Well Trained to Get Money by any Means Possible but Obviously To Dumb To Keep It :twisted:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Just lucky I guess the only place I ever paid tea money was in Bangkok. Ride to slow woht them to bother with me :lol: I have gotten stopped a lot in Udon I use what little Thai I have to engage them on coverstation until some supervisor reminds them they are not there to chat with me and he runs me off. 8) Got everything legal. The cops that have been around for a while recognize me and don't waste there time on me. So when I get stopped these days it's usually by a diappointed new guy :wink: