Pinatubo Enduro Tour

helbob

Nov 9, 2007
Pinatubo Enduro Tour

This year i been in the phillipines for some weeks with a friend (he make this post) and we make some good tours. One of them is the pinatubo-tour. First they told us we MUST ride with a guide, but after no problem.
Fees for one person:
Receipt

Everything about 350 Peso/person
Prices ofPinatubo Spa Town

On the army check-point: Take care, good luck :).

Kilometers:
  • km 0 Start in Angeles City, Hotel Hana[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • km 22,6 Turn left in Tarlac[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • km 41,6 Armycheckpoint
    pinatubo-18-thumb.jpg
    [/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • km 44,8 Pay entry where the 4x4. After the checkpoint an then 30 km offroad [/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • Ca. km 57 Turn right to the skyway. Left is the old way.
    pinatubo-21-thumb.jpg

Rivercrossing
    pinatubo-22-thumb.jpg
  • km 57,7 Now up the canyon. After some kilometers a summit.
    pinatubo-23-thumb.jpg

Cloudy.
    pinatubo-24-thumb.jpg

• km 67,7 Parking Pinatubo at 10.52 Uhr.
    pinatubo-29-thumb.jpg
  • 11.35 Uhr Wow, the big vulcan lake, very nice
    pinatubo-25-thumb.jpg
  • 12.20 Go back[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • 13.03 Parking..[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • km 78,8 Fork Skyway.
    pinatubo-26-thumb.jpg

Quicksand
    pinatubo-27-thumb.jpg

a horse has no problem with quicksand
    pinatubo-28-thumb.jpg
  • km 92,1 Armycheckpoint[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • km 92,7 Entrancestop[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
  • km 114,7 um 14.41 Uhr Highway to Ae[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
Attention: The owner of nice bike told us that sometimes bikes modified from the 4x4 drivers and then the 4x4 driver want 10.000 peso rescue.

Oct 23, 2006
Hi Helbob,

I am visiting Philippines soon and would like to add Pinatubo to my itinerary.

From your post, it seems that you managed to ride the bike up the trail instead of taking their 4WD? How did you manage to convince them?

May I know what you mean by "The owner of nice bike told us that sometimes bikes modified from the 4x4 drivers and then the 4x4 driver want 10.000 peso rescue." Is nice-bike trying to say they might sabotage your bike?

helbob

Nov 9, 2007
May I know what you mean by "The owner of nice bike told us that sometimes bikes modified from the 4x4 drivers and then the 4x4 driver want 10.000 peso rescue." Is nice-bike trying to say they might sabotage your bike

Yes, this means it

From your post, it seems that you managed to ride the bike up the trail instead of taking their 4WD? How did you manage to convince them?

I been there 2 times. One time with tour (minibus and 4 WD) and one time everything with the motorbike

Oct 23, 2006
I'm just back from Philippines. From what I heard, they no longer allow tourists to ride up Mt Pinatubo because of an accident 1-2 years back. Anyway, looking at the terrain during my visit on 4WD, it would be no easy feat. Kudos to you for riding all the way up.

helbob

Nov 9, 2007
50/50
on one day they say no, then they say only with guide, and when i come there on a sunday i not need a guide and it was very easy. Only the soldier ask "do you know the way?".
Many things in phils change every, the price too :D

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
I was In Filippine in 1997 1998 for a period of 4 month.
One English friend say we rent a cross bike and we visit pinatubo?
Ok and so we go starting from angeles city.
No entry fee at that time.
Try to go on top of vulcano but was impossible.
At the way of the return closed to the river like the first picture you show flat area my front weel go inside the quicksand,we both follow down fortunately without enjuried.
The motorbike strart to go more down and down slowly.
The England man not soo young cannot help me but I no want loose the money of the motorbike we rent money at that time was not too much.
I get motorbike off the quicksand
Cannot strart we bring to the first shop for fix and after 2 days we go back for take it.
When we say with the man where we rent motorbike say what I do was very dangerous if him know we went there will not allow us to go
And the quick sand also if appear strong around can fall down and can loose life.
I was lucky don t happen.
They no charge us for the stop of motorbike the 2 days.
English friend say
All is well what finish well

Reactions: DavidFL and Alamo