Pluak Daeng Chonburi / Rayong Motorcycle and Sound Rally

Dec 27, 2007
Hooked up with the Friend Highway Motorcycle Club this past weekend to attend a very fun rally in the tiny Chonburi town of Pluak Daeng (literally, Red Termite Village)

1012FriendHwySm.jpg

The Friend Highway Club mostly ride vintage Yamaha SRs. I'd never even heard of this bike until recently, but I'm now a BIG fan of these vintage 400cc single cylinder thumpers! Check 'em out:

1012SRSm.jpg

Cafe Racer style, added chrome and tricked out suspension:

1012SR3Sm.jpg

Check out these pipes
1.gif

1012SR2Sm.jpg

You can tell a lot of these guys get their custom pipes done by one master:
1012SRBlueSm.jpg

KT on his Yamaha SR:
1012KymZm.jpg

Some other remarkable bikes too! A classic 1953 Triumph
1012TriumphSm.jpg

Beautiful WWII era Harley Davidsons:
1012Harley1Sm.jpg

Wow- who knew there were such amazing motorcycles in Thailand?!
1012Harley2Sm.jpg

Here are a couple of videos-

Happy Trails!

1012PatchSm.jpg

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tony amazing bikes and fotos !!! Just I'm a little bit ashamed :x that I knew nothing of this meeting although it happened right in fron of my doorstep.......next year I'm in !!! :oops: cheers, Franz

Dec 27, 2007
Cheers Franz- I knew nothing about this event either and just got lucky and ran into a bunch of nice Thai bikers who invited me along. (I was actually looking for a rally that was rumored somewhere on Sukhumvit) Never found that rally and also have to say that riding on Sukhumvit was pretty terrible so I consider myself very lucky to have found the rally in Pluak Daeng. My friend KT and I were the only farang there!

There was a sound show too-

1012PU5Sm.jpg

Later they even had coyote dancers shaking their thangs on the pick-ups, but I was too pissed to take pics by that time... :wink:

1012PU1Sm.jpg

Good times! Some classic old cubs and other vintage bikes too!

1012ClassicSm.jpg

1012Bikes3Sm.jpg

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Great stuff Tony.

Love those bikes. Like someone said on another thread its amazing what the Thais can do on minimal budgets.

Oct 17, 2006
thats great stuff ... hope we can get the date of their next run as those old bikes make my heart glow.

Apr 14, 2008
Hi TonyBkk
The bike week you were looking for was in Pattaya in a soi called Soi Siam Country Club. If you dont know you way around Pattaya it is not easy to find. We found it but we only stayed for 2 hours because of the weather so you did not miss much.

Jan.

Dec 27, 2007
Hi BikerBob!

Yes- I was initially trying to find a bike rally that was rumored to take place off a soi on Sukhumvit near Pattaya- perhaps that is the Soi Siam Country Club?

I rode all the way to Pattaya city on Sukhumvit but didn't see anything or any groups of bikes to lead me to believe there was anything going on and as we were headed back to my friend's place in Chonburi that's when we came across a big group of Thai bikers who invited us to join them on the ride to Pluak Daeng.

The weather was great by the way! Here's the sunset:
1012SunsetSm.jpg

Hoping to join a ride organized by Franz to Kanchanaburi next weekend 8)

Happy Trails!

Dec 27, 2007
Hi Jan,

The rally and sound show at Pluak Daeng was on Sunday the 12th.

Happy Trails! 8)

Tony

Apr 14, 2008
Hi Tony
The bike party in Pattaya was Saturday. I know they said Saturday and Sunday, they always do but there is nothing going on Sunday, not even in Bangsaen which is one of the big ones.

Jan

Dec 27, 2007
Aha- that explains it then! Thanks for the clarification Jan.

I still feel quite fortunate to have come across the rally in Pluak Daeng- Good times!

Happy Trails! 8)