Power socket adapter

Oct 5, 2007
Hi

Does anybody know where in Bangkok I can buy a power socket adapter for my 800 GS so I can use equipment which I normally put in the cigarette lighther of my car??

Thanks

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hi Bert,

I did the same search about 1 year ago...
I know I don't help in the "fair" way, but I found nothing here, as said: "splashproof". I ended by ordering some "splashproof" cigarettte-lighter sockets in Europe...
:roll:

If by chance you find this sort of socket in BKK or LOS, please, be kind to tell us were...
Thanks in advance and good luck,
Gobs

Jun 1, 2008
I know that it is of little help right now but I have fitted these to both my bikes here in New Zealand, the sockets being easily and cheaply available. The Transalp one sits in the fairing to the left and the baja sits on a bracket in the centre of the bars.

Both are waterproof with the rubber seals over the 'socket hole' for when not in use. As there is no fairing on the Baja some additional cover may ve required for the two connectors but I have not bothered. They are rubber covered anyway.

I will be back in June and if requred am more than happy to purchase here if you have not solved the problem by then.

T

Kev_O

Oct 28, 2006
Bert you can order through the below:
Peera Laohakarniyom
Managing Director
Mobile: +66 (0)8 1615 7898 | Phone: +66 (0) 2327 9350 | Fax: +66 (0) 2327 9311 | [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]
TOURATECH (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
126 Moo 6 | Watsriwareenoi Road | Srisajorakhaeyai | Bangsaothong | Samutprakarn 10540 | THAILAND

They have the original BMW ones that fit the socket on the bike.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Go to www.whitehorsegear.com I have Brought Heaps of Stuff from them and it has been delivered to My door here in Chiang Mai within 2 weeks normally. If You click on Electrics in the left hand Column it will take You to the Powerlets. I have brought quite a number of these items!!! Brilliant stuff!!! :wink: Good Luck.