Questions about tour companies.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
You guys might remember the 23 YO Aussie girl who posted here asking for riding partners, who you all blew off... you guys are just spoilt :)

I have been emailing her purely because I am a helpful guy, to try and help her get the most out of her trip...

being a young lass, she is a bit nervous riding solo, so whe has been looking at tour companies...

I have already warned her off AMA, but she was also interested in these guys...

http://www.motorcycletoursthailand.com/5day.html but they are peng mak mak mak...

anyone know anything about them, good or bad... PM me if you want to keep your thoughts off a public forum...

I have recommended that she talk to John from Jonadda about getting him to guide her around. If anyone else has some ideas, again, please let me know, either here or via PM... she would rather a small group than just her and a guide...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
..........so for more than 500 pounds they are going to take you to pick up a rental bike and then lead you around the MHS Loop making all the most common tourist stops that can be done by anyone with a guide book and a map. Why not just wait for a grey tourist van leaving CM and it follow it? It will go to all the same spots?

I don't know of this tour company in particular but it seems like a waste of money to me. I am sure that if this young lady arrives in CM and contacts almost anyone on the board , Jonnada a good start, there will not be a problem finding some equally "helpful guy" as yourself that will assist her in getting around the loop. :wink:

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Burt Munro's mate wrote: I am sure that if this young lady arrives in CM and contacts almost anyone on the board , Jonnada a good start, there will not be a problem finding some equally "helpful guy" as yourself that will assist her in getting around the loop. :wink:
Pretty much what I have been telling her...

That is a sh!tload of money, when we know how easy it is... I will keep working on her, in the purely giving advice way... (in reality, she lives in a completely different city, and it is a long time since anyone aged 23 has called me 'han-som-man' outside of Thailand)

Thanks for your input,
Daewoo

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Darryl,
All Motorcycle Tours are Expensive as they are All trying to make Money! In some Cases the Guys actually Like Motorcycles But Not All!!! The Company you asked about www.motorcycletoursthailand.com are a Young English Guy with a Thai Wife/Girlfriend, They have rented my "Panteras" for January. Seems they left it a bit late to Rent Bikes and everything is Booked so ended up coming to me, I am against Renting my bikes out to anyone as we do OK here on our short X-Centre Tours. They seem an OK couple but i know very little else about them but thought i would help them out. Some of His customers are from a Cancelled AMA Tour so maybe they aren't operating anymore?
My suggestion would be for the Lady to just arrive here get to know some of us and i am sure She can find different Trips to do with Different People? There is always someone Riding Somewhere!!!

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
Whao!

Daewoo, pu-chai suay ching ching :lol: :lol: You bet! his avatar testifies to his appeal :lol:

Danielle, Davidfl's map is the only riding buddy u need...and a reliable rented bike recommended from anyone here would be your steed.

I have a couple of buddies heading out in Feb, maybe they could also be your riding buds. Let's see.

joko

Nov 28, 2007
Joko:

woohoo! friends!
and i dont understand what you are saying in thai :(

will try and get my hands on the map you reccommend... i saw a section on this website to buy a map in a pack .. but it didnt look like it was finished yet?

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Danielle wrote: Joko:

woohoo! friends!
and i dont understand what you are saying in thai :(

will try and get my hands on the map you reccommend... i saw a section on this website to buy a map in a pack .. but it didnt look like it was finished yet?
Yeah Joko... lool means handsome, suay means beautiful... (I am neither)...

You can buy the map all over Chiang Mai, Davidfl, is the creator...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Maps - Danielle, you are so right about THAT page not being finished yet... but I am working on it, jing jing (really)

Guys, don't be mean to Danielle - if you are gonna add the Thai bits, give the girl a tranlation in (brackets) :roll: Otherwise she'll struggle to grow into being a grumpy, balding, rotund middle-aged ex-pat biker!!! :lol:

pu chai (guy)
pu ying (girl)
suay (beautiful (f)
lor (handsome (m)
mak mak (very, very)

Nov 28, 2007
thankz for the translations :) will try n find a bike now! might just have to give the expensive tours a miss. and keep the money to buy shiney things. just 2 clarify i should be around CM from fri 1st feb to the following weekend. :twisted:

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
daewoo wrote: [quote quote=Burt Munro's mate]I am sure that if this young lady arrives in CM and contacts almost anyone on the board , Jonnada a good start, there will not be a problem finding some equally "helpful guy" as yourself that will assist her in getting around the loop. :wink:
Pretty much what I have been telling her...

That is a sh!tload of money, when we know how easy it is... I will keep working on her, in the purely giving advice way... (in reality, she lives in a completely different city, and it is a long time since anyone aged 23 has called me 'han-som-man' outside of Thailand)

Thanks for your input,
Daewoo
I recommend closing this post and continue the conversation going on her original post;

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... html#16708

Although I must say that I am now a little concerned about her riding with such poor eyesight! 8)