R1100s front caliper bleed nipple

Rigsy

May 18, 2009
Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm looking for a bleed nipple for the right hand front caliper on my R1100s. I have tried similar looking ones but to no avail. Is there a grub screw or something below the bleed nipple? No matter how I tri it is impossible to bleed the air from the system. At present there is a plug in there in place of the nipple but it does not allow me to bleed from that caliper. If I cna install a bleed nipple in place of the plug, I am sure I'll be able to bleed the system. Oh by the way I have bled the ABS beforehand. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Rigsy

Oct 17, 2006
On Normal bikes tieing a tyewrap aroud the lever to the bars and leaving overnight forces air out of the system nicely but BMW use servos so that might not work.

Rigsy

May 18, 2009
Thanks to Monsterman and Brian the problem is fixed. I used Monstermans suggestion with the cable tie but had to remove the caliper and place higher than the resevoir as per Brians suggestion. It is great to have help like this from guys who obviously know their stuff. Thanks guys.