Ready to go

Sep 12, 2006
Hello all,
I will be arriving in Bangkok on 21st February and traveling throughout Thailand, Cambodia and Laos for the next 4 months on my Yamaha XT 600. I have been using this website to help me get everything in order for the trip. Thanks for your help so far. Hope I can give a little back during the trip. See you all on the road!!

Sep 12, 2006
I will be sure to let you all know when I arrive in Chiang Mai. Trip has been slightly delayed already though. I will be arriving in Bangkok as planned on the 21st but without my bike. When I dropped the bike off at "World Wide Baggage" they informed me that legislation had changed in the past few weeks and my motorcycle is now classed as dangerous goods by the aviation authorities. This about triples the price to fly it, so it's on the ship and off to Bangkok port. I am a little worried based on what I have heard so far but I have been left with little choice. The bike will now be arriving at the beginning of March so I have a couple of weeks to sit it out before it arrives.
The fun has started already.
I will let you know how things go.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
There are worse places in the world to be stuck...

And with the price of airfares and train tickets you could easily get up to Chiang Mai and get in some miles on a hire bike, then go back for yours once it has arrived...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Sep 12, 2006
yeh, I am not too worried. I think I will take the chance to do a few Islands down south while I don't have the bike with me.

Sep 12, 2006
Well I finally got the bike and made it safely to Cambodia. Everything was a huge rush as I only had a few days left to clear the bike and get out of Thailand before my visa expired. I will sit down very soon and write all the details for clearing the bike through Bangkok port. The only person I found that would help me was Thitipa form Transpo who I found on this site. She now works in a differnt department but she still offered to help. Some of the Transpo details on the gt website have since changed.
Will write them all out soon.