Recommended Fabric Jackets for Thailand

Jul 17, 2007
I'm thinking of paying a visit to the Paddock as there seem to be some nice RS-Taichi textile jackets avaliable- http://www.rs-taichi.com/main/indextop.html

The Yellowcorn ones at Fast Corner are too small for me so hopefully the Paddock carries larger sizes.

What jackets do you guys wear?
Any recommendations?

Cheers.

RC

Dec 9, 2007
Less than 100m down the busy side of Sukhumvit soi 3 is a boot and clothing shop with nicely made textile armoured jackets. Some of which sit on a rack outside. They'll tailor make one for approx 5000 bht. The quality looked good but I didn't study them closely.

Jul 17, 2007
warmndry wrote: Less than 100m down the busy side of Sukhumvit soi 3 is a boot and clothing shop with nicely made textile armoured jackets. Some of which sit on a rack outside. They'll tailor make one for approx 5000 bht. The quality looked good but I didn't study them closely.
Yeah, I know where you mean. They look okay from a distance.
I took a closer look one day and they were very, very heavy. I'm not sure which materials they used for the protection areas but they were far too heavy to wear, especially in this climate and the zips were those large bulky ones you see on some fake shirts along Suckhumvit.
I'd prefer to spend a little more for a quality name product. One that's not designed for a little tiny Jap guy that is.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I wear a lightweight jacket with simple arm/elbow/back padding which I bought from Red Baron. Downside is its yellow and shows the grime and its more of a windcheater than armour.
Mister T on Rama III has a limited stock. Riders Club on Silom 11?/Sathorn 10 has some good stuff but pricey. Like you for intown I'd try Paddock first.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
...RS-Taichi textile jackets....

I bought one from Paddock a year ago. Shoulder, elbow and back protection as well as some padding for chest and other areas. Nice flow-through fabric, great in this climate. But...it was expensive...and fortunately, thus far untested!

Dec 24, 2007
Theres some second-hand biker gear over at Assadaton Road (just come north off the easterly moat road (north side) in Chiang Mai. Boots, pants, jackets etc.
Decent quality at decent prices :)

Jun 23, 2005
There is a new shop namely 32Farmers where offers dependable quality at reasonable prices. Visit their website Link removed

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=wiphuwat]There is a new shop namely 32Farmers where offers dependable quality at reasonable prices. Visit their website Link removed
It would be better if you could post a location with address.
Where is it?
12/126 Moo 6 Srinakarin Road (Behind Seri Center)

Nongbon, Praves, Bangkok 10250

Phone: 081-7167800 0-23988362 Fax: 0-27480690

E-mail: [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]

and it's actuall not new, been there for awhile now...

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Marco wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl][quote quote=wiphuwat]There is a new shop namely 32Farmers where offers dependable quality at reasonable prices. Visit their website Link removed
It would be better if you could post a location with address.
Where is it?
12/126 Moo 6 Srinakarin Road (Behind Seri Center)

Nongbon, Praves, Bangkok 10250

Phone: 081-7167800 0-23988362 Fax: 0-27480690

E-mail: [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]

and it's actuall not new, been there for awhile now...
Thanks.
If youve got some photos of the shop, please upload them or send them to me.

Jul 17, 2007
Finally made it to the Paddock on Sat afternoon. The traffic on Ratchada is 'king terrible. :evil:
Any more riding around in this and I'm going to need a Clutch Slave.
In the end, I bought a decent Komine Jacket for 8,500Bt and was fairly happy until I saw the price on the Komine website. Goes for about 4,500Bt in Japan. :roll: