Renting...Are you crazy ??

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
GTNZ-

I don't think anyone here has a death wish when it comes to riding. We are still talking about using common sense and proper gear when available. We enjoy sport riding and traveling. Yes, we also ride from bar to bar on occassion. But being drunk enough to have someone feel the need to "snatch" your keys, and then dropping your bike is not what we are talking about. Drink driving is just asking for trouble and we all know it. I don't think anyone here would say that is an equal comparison to what this post is about. Hope you're right about the incident bringing you back in line. Freedom and stupidity are not synonymous.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

GTNZ

Mar 14, 2006
Dave you're 100% correct and yes it has bought me back around,luckily before any real damage was done.

edwin

Jul 26, 2006
Thanks for some interesting responses to my posts .I know I should get out there and live a little.Infact I am considering taking the training wheels off the back of my scooter and even one of the dual airbags.The other has to stay as it is an integral part of my body.But I do think that even in my pathetic nervous state I could more than keep up with most of you,whether it be through traffic,on the open road ,on a track,in the forest or even on a motocross circuit .Ooooh, brave words eh ? So how about a one make race series for falangs here in chiangmai. Maybe on Kawasaki KSR's , with both motocross and supermoto rounds .I reckon the Thais would really enjoy watching a lot of oversized , unfit falangs racing around on tiny bikes and it could be really good fun for the riders .Well..do you feel lucky ???

brat

Aug 15, 2005
Edwin, you really should get out more!

If you can get a few KSR's that are expendible I'm up for it in December, mind you I'd race anything!

A few of these would be interesting!
muell10.jpg

"growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!"

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Edwin, I think you are missing the point here mate, rather than laying down "challenges" to the (very reasonable) guys that have replied to your posts, why not just lose the attitude/cotton wool, get out, ride a little and then post a trip report. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it!

Ride safe and enjoy!

Pikey.

brat

Aug 15, 2005
Well said Pikey, but I'm still up for a race if Edwin's supplying the bikes! :eek:)

edwin

Jul 26, 2006
I am sorry I can't afford to buy a lot of KSR's . I wonder if the guy who runs the cart track would like to buy 10 or so , so people could rent them out to ride on his track.They would probably be quieter and more reliable than the go-carts . I wish there was a motorcycle track in chaing mai.Maybe a big complex where you could hold racing,supermoto and maybe even motocross and trials.A bit of floodlighting , food and accomodation would also be nice . But where could it be built ? Near the airport ?

Rusty

Sep 2, 2005
If I dump my bike and lose half my skin before coming to rest on a nest of cobras at the side of the road that bite me 70 times before I die, you are all invited to drinks at my funeral! -Rusty

brat

Aug 15, 2005
Ta Rusty, I never pass up a drink, but you seem to have a few issues and really should seek help! :eek:)