Reputable mechanic/shop in bkk

May 28, 2007
Hi Guys,
I just went through all 34 pages of posts looking for a thread on recommended shops and or mechanics in bkk
I have a 94/95 Transalp 400cc w/just over 60,000 kms, I had thought about upgrading (still might)but I really want it totally checked out top to bottom, a list of everything to be fixed, and the cost, I want no surprises basically!
If I do decide to part with it, I would want both me and the buyer to know its good to go.
Please don't just refer me to the bkkriders "list of shops in Bangkok" cos I want to get gt-riders actual opinions from experience so that I don't get the usual "am I getting ripped off/do they know what they're doing"feeling
Thanks for any input,ger

Jun 21, 2006
A few guys have taken their bikes to Red Baron for repairs, including one member with an Transalp 400

Not sure on their policy now, as there was a post a while ago saying Red Baron only service bikes they have sold.

Jul 28, 2004
A pal of mine ([email [email protected]][email protected][/email])uses a Thai mechanic recommended to him by Red Baron for all work done on his TDM850. (As the TDM was not supplied by them they - RB - were reluctant to work on it - their current policy, it seems). He speaks highly of the chap, says he is competent, honest and very fair with his pricing. The shop itself is located somewhere along Ramkangheng. I am sure if you were to drop John a query at the above email address he would be happy to give you the actual location.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I take my bike to Mr. T Bike on Rama 3 have not any problems with the work done by them.

May 28, 2007
Thanks for all of your help,I've just e-mailed your friend Barry, will probably go that route, thanks again.

ger

Chino

Dec 8, 2006
Ger,
Red Baron fixes bikes, even when you are not one of his customers. However his fee is quite high (180 % above average), though good reputation. I found a shop through a Thai bike friend, very reliable, cheap and good knowledge. If you want the address I'll ask my friend, it's north of Ramkangheng.
Motozone on rama IV is quite ok, just make sure that you do your agreements with the english speaking (farang) staff, because the thai mechanics are helpfull and kind but don't understand english that well.