Sounds like heaven!

Sep 3, 2008
Hello to you all and what a brilliant site, it was pointed out to me by a fellow ducati monster owner - who lives in Thailand.

Unfortunately we are only visiting ChaingMai for a couple of days in October (how i wish it were for longer) and are planning on hiring bikes and doing some sight seeing. The recent probs in Bangok made us put our plans on hold but we're back on again now so will hopefullly get chance to meet some of you in the Cafe.

see you soon
Chrissi

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
As a Bangkok resident let me echo Pikey's comments.
Frirst there are NO problems you need be concerned about as perpetuated by the international media.
Second: Pikey is spot the riding in the North will make ou want to relocate as it is tremendous.
What Pikey did not mention is that he can rent you bikes as well! :D

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
As a Bangkok resident let me echo Pikey's comments.
rirst there are NO political problems you need be concerned about as reported by the international media.
Second: Pikey is spot on, the riding in the North will make you want to relocate, as it is tremendous.
What Pikey did not mention, is that he can also arrange bikes for you as well! :D

Sep 3, 2008
thanks guys i'm so looking forward to my trip. i just wish i'd done a bit more research before booking stuff, especially after seeing this site - i would have preferred to spend more time in chaingmai / than BKK We're only going to be there for 3 nites so only 2 full days for riding - been checking out the various loops and want to do them all!! so little time.......... oh and thanks for the tip about pikey sorting the bikes - thats great - i'll be in touch with more details...
(if i get stuff sorted before we arrive maybe i could fit in another 1/2 day!! LOL maybe not we don't land till 2! )

Sep 3, 2008
trying to make choices for the 2 days we'll have for riding its difficult - we're thinking pharao - wiang pa pao on one day and the mae wang loop on the second. what do you think? we are wanting to see lot of the scenery /hill tribes/ elephant camps etc. as well as good riding. i've not ridden off road before (well except for very soggy / muddy rally campsites in the UK!!) - so i wondered how rough is the dirt section on the mae wang loop?

Chrissi

Sep 3, 2008
:lol: we're here in bangkok having a great time. thank goodness i listened to you guys and made the trip. have arrange bikes and looking forward to chaing mai. btw pikey you never gave me the address of the shop!
chrissi

Oct 17, 2006
ducrissi wrote: Hello to you all and what a brilliant site, it was pointed out to me by a fellow ducati monster owner - who lives in Thailand.

Unfortunately we are only visiting ChaingMai for a couple of days in October (how i wish it were for longer) and are planning on hiring bikes and doing some sight seeing. The recent probs in Bangok made us put our plans on hold but we're back on again now so will hopefullly get chance to meet some of you in the Cafe.

see you soon
Chrissi
Hello Chrissi glad you took my advice and ignored all the bullshit , have a great time , I may be in Chiangmai on the 5th if work permits me to ride up on the Monster.