Suzuki Inazuma 400cc , Any good Touring bike ?

oMega

Aug 12, 2010
Hi.

Iam thinking of buy a 2002 Inazuma 400 . , any guys tryed this bikes ? . , Good ? . ,
Or should a stick to a CB400 ? . . . . . . . . was thinking of a Bandit v2 VC... but to scare when the Valves need a mechanic.........

:)

oMega

Aug 12, 2010
Well iknow ., about the Er6-n ., but i dont like the 2 cylinder style . ., and at the moment over my budget . , my next step is the CB1300 ......

So now i want some reviews about the Inazuma 400 .

oMega

Aug 12, 2010
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=mezcal]"Russian Roulette" are the words that come to my mind.

good luck
:lol-sign: well said! Good luck indeed! :take-that:
hEhE., Well yes iknow its Lotto. , my last 2hand bike in Thai was a Honda NC30 ., and that bike was a nightmare !

Sep 22, 2008
Omega... The CB400 would be easier to find spares for. But to be honest i like the Inazuma better for looks etc. Like any bike check it over and make the decision based on that. 2002 is not so old as long as it's not been Thaied. If original then go for it. One thing to remember a lot of these bikes were training bikes in Japan so they may be restricted. Its not a hard fix jets etc. but be aware. I rode a Bandit that frankly would not pull the skin of a rice pudding, it was lethargic.
Allan

oMega

Aug 12, 2010
thaicbr wrote: Omega... The CB400 would be easier to find spares for. But to be honest i like the Inazuma better for looks etc. Like any bike check it over and make the decision based on that. 2002 is not so old as long as it's not been Thaied. If original then go for it. One thing to remember a lot of these bikes were training bikes in Japan so they may be restricted. Its not a hard fix jets etc. but be aware. I rode a Bandit that frankly would not pull the skin of a rice pudding, it was lethargic.
Allan
hEhE Thanks for the info....... you have same username at thaivisa right ? . ,

The Inazuma looks really well taken care off looks like new and 18000km on the speedo . . . hope that isent to hard to find a aftermarket exhaust for it . . ,
And a 2002 bike a can still have 1class insurance right ? . , want u think the premium will be ?

Sep 22, 2008
exhaust should be easy to find. And yep that's me on TV. you should look past the prettiness of the bike look deeper. Thai's are very good at making something look good even when mechanically its a piece of shite. I'm presuming its a Thai bike. even if its not look deep. and dont forget the green book :happy5:

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Thaicbr is right, it could be new paint, rolled back tachometer and the rest is gunked up. How do you know it's a 2002? Have you checked the frame number?
I'd be very careful, take off the seat, the tank, have a look at the carb manifolds if they're cracked (or close to), look inside the tank for rust, condition of battery + and - connections, dirty air filter, any oil leaks anywhere...
It could be that it's a clean, low-mileage bike in good condition but I'd say that it's a rare find if it is.
Does it have a book? Do the numbers match? Does the frame look repainted? How much is it?

If a 650 Ninja is too big, why not a 250 for 150,000 baht? Brand new, warranty, cheap parts and dealers to fix it. Also gets a decent resale price.
140+ km/h should do in Thailand! (Some people may not agree.)

Sep 4, 2007
KZ wrote:
If a 650 Ninja is too big, why not a 250 for 150,000 baht? Brand new, warranty, cheap parts and dealers to fix it. Also gets a decent resale price.
140+ km/h should do in Thailand! (Some people may not agree.)
I think that most would agree that 140+ is OK for Thailand most of the time. But larger capacity, bigger HP bikes are not just about speed, its acceleration, more powerful brakes and riding comfort as well. However I would think that to expect to travel at 140+ km/h on a 250 is way off realistic, even with derestricting etc. Maybe can reach near 140 downhill with wind behind, but to travel at that speed???? Now the ER6N will do that if you do not mind the wind, and the 650 Ninja, comfortable cruising range for it.

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Hey Omega

People have indicated the Suzuki maybe not be a smart purchase but I have to agree with KZ comments, take your time and have a good look around, there seem to be a lot of good quality used bikes on the market at present.

Also the 250 kawa is capable of over 150kph top speed ( Irish Keven @ cnx ) but nobody would want to maintain this speed for an extended period but the bike has 33 HP and has some beans for 150,000 Baht in Thailand plus all the parts and servicing agents.

Cheers Ken F

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
johngooding wrote: [quote quote=KZ]
I However I would think that to expect to travel at 140+ km/h on a 250 is way off realistic, even with derestricting etc.
I have cruised at 140 (indicated) two up on an NSR150 :shock:

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
You got your quotes mixed up there, rusty Mike!
I went an indicated 140 on a CBR150R, on a straight. People may be surprised what these little bikes are capable of - with light weight and superior maneuverability compared to bigger and heavier bikes, they can give them a run for their money, especially in the twisty areas or in tight traffic. A Ninja 250 may outrun a sport tourer with three times the power, and the mentioned CB1300.
But the question was: Any good touring bike? and of course I have to agree with John that bigger bikes have better acceleration and offer more comfort, and have to have better brakes (to stop all that weight) so why not recommend the Gold Wing 1600? Because this is TH and a smaller bike makes more sense, and avaiability plays an important role. Rather than waste days traveling from place to place to meet owners of used bikes or spending your time in BKK traffic, making it all over town to bike shops to check out "painted ponies" with no warranty I'd go stright to the Kawa dealer and get a new, reliable bike for a good price I can ride without trouble from day 1. Most used bikes you have to sort out first. Or look for a used Er6.
If you really want a four-in-line, go for a CB400, many local mechanics know how to fix them and parts are more easily to get. A decent 400Four with green book goes for 150,000+ and should work fine.

oMega

Aug 12, 2010
Well a A decent ., CB400 Version.S with Book. , it around., 80k. ,

150k., Well then u got a Spec 3. , Vtech.,

ERn.6......... Sounds so shitty with 2 cylinder. . , need 4 for a real Sound. , . !

KZ wrote: You got your quotes mixed up there, rusty Mike!
I went an indicated 140 on a CBR150R, on a straight. People may be surprised what these little bikes are capable of - with light weight and superior maneuverability compared to bigger and heavier bikes, they can give them a run for their money, especially in the twisty areas or in tight traffic. A Ninja 250 may outrun a sport tourer with three times the power, and the mentioned CB1300.
But the question was: Any good touring bike? and of course I have to agree with John that bigger bikes have better acceleration and offer more comfort, and have to have better brakes (to stop all that weight) so why not recommend the Gold Wing 1600? Because this is TH and a smaller bike makes more sense, and avaiability plays an important role. Rather than waste days traveling from place to place to meet owners of used bikes or spending your time in BKK traffic, making it all over town to bike shops to check out "painted ponies" with no warranty I'd go stright to the Kawa dealer and get a new, reliable bike for a good price I can ride without trouble from day 1. Most used bikes you have to sort out first. Or look for a used Er6.
If you really want a four-in-line, go for a CB400, many local mechanics know how to fix them and parts are more easily to get. A decent 400Four with green book goes for 150,000+ and should work fine.

Dec 27, 2007
oMega wrote: Well a A decent ., CB400 Version.S with Book. , it around., 80k. ,

ERn.6......... Sounds so shitty with 2 cylinder. . , need 4 for a real Sound. , . !
Welcome to GT Rider. 9 posts and you're already slagging off on the ER6... :think:
Sure, it sounds like a lawnmower with the stock exhaust, but then so does the CB400 with stock exhaust.
Throw an aftermarket can on either bike and they sound much much better.
[youtube:2uhkp6is] /youtube:2uhkp6is]

150k for a CB400 VTEC?! You are dreaming! They go for around 400k Baht new.

Anyway, the 2 cylinder ER6 has gobs more torque than the CB400 and comes with a 2 year warranty and easy access to certified mechanics and cheap readily accessible parts.

In fact even the little Ninja 250R can dust the overweight CB400. Perhaps not the VTEC, but the standard CB400 is not a very fast bike.

Ride On!

Tony

oMega

Aug 12, 2010
"150k for a CB400 VTEC?! You are dreaming! They go for around 400k Baht new."

Second hand ofcourse...,,

If i had the cash i probelly buyd the Ern6 . ,
But this time it might be a XJR .,

TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=oMega]Well a A decent ., CB400 Version.S with Book. , it around., 80k. ,

Welcome to GT Rider. 9 posts and you're already slagging off on the ER6... :think:
Sure, it sounds like a lawnmower with the stock exhaust, but then so does the CB400 with stock exhaust.
Throw an aftermarket can on either bike and they sound much much better.
[youtube:y8hu7c54] /youtube:y8hu7c54]

150k for a CB400 VTEC?! You are dreaming! They go for around 400k Baht new.

Anyway, the 2 cylinder ER6 has gobs more torque than the CB400 and comes with a 2 year warranty and easy access to certified mechanics and cheap readily accessible parts.

In fact even the little Ninja 250R can dust the overweight CB400. Perhaps not the VTEC, but the standard CB400 is not a very fast bike.

Ride On!

Tony

Sep 22, 2008
Hi Omega.. Just letting you know that cb400 parts are ALOT easier to find than XJR. This has been highlighted to me this weekend when a friend had an accident on his 93 cb400. nearly all the parts required, rad,chrome gauge trim etc are available new from k-speed. So it may be better to try and find a cb400.
Me. I'm thinking about getting the Ninja 250 a big step down from my VX800 but ultra reliable, 1st class insurance, cheap parts, good on gas and still able to cruise at 120-130kmh. :happy5:

Aug 5, 2007
The Inazuma is a good bike, I have owned the 400cc and 1200cc here in Thailand. If you like the 400 go get it. :thumbup: