The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2013

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
It's almost time again for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride of 2013. Last year saw the very first edition and already had a massive following all over the world right from the start. I tried to beat the drum here in Thailand but apart from a few "yeah, cool", there was no real interest. I ended up riding by myself all dressed up in a suit. Silly? Maybe. Definitely more fun to ride in a group of like-minded lunatics.

I'm not one to give up easily, so I'm here again to make you riders aware of this fun event and beat the drum. Maybe this year a few more are willing to join...

Possible locations: Bangkok/Pattaya/Chonburi (Bang Saen)....just because it's where I live.
Riders from Bangkok could ride South, people from Pattaya ride up North and we could all meet in Bang Saen for a beer or two.

When: to be defined with the main organizers in Australia

What to wear: you must look like a gentleman from days past and present. Be distinguished.

There isn't supposed to be any commercial gain involved, just a simple and short ride in good company, dressed up as the gentlemen we really are.

If you're interested, let me know and spread the news!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
mezcal;291803 wrote: It's almost time again for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride of 2013. Last year saw the very first edition and already had a massive following all over the world right from the start. I tried to beat the drum here in Thailand but apart from a few "yeah, cool", there was no real interest. I ended up riding by myself all dressed up in a suit. Silly? Maybe. Definitely more fun to ride in a group of like-minded lunatics.

I'm not one to give up easily, so I'm here again to make you riders aware of this fun event and beat the drum. Maybe this year a few more are willing to join...

Possible locations: Bangkok/Pattaya/Chonburi (Bang Saen)....just because it's where I live.
Riders from Bangkok could ride South, people from Pattaya ride up North and we could all meet in Bang Saen for a beer or two.

What to wear: you must look like a gentleman from days past and present. Be distinguished.

There isn't supposed to be any commercial gain involved, just a simple and short ride in good company, dressed up as the gentlemen we really are.

Sounds like an event with a difference.
Have you got any photos from last year to share - it would help the promo a lot.

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
from the creators of the event....

A day where cafe racers, classics, bobbers come together and ride in a distinguished manner spreading merriment along the way.

Mission
To bring classic and cafe racers bike owners together around the world for a dapper of a ride.

Description
DGR is a worldwide event for owners or Customs, Café Racers, Bobbers, Flat Trackers, Retro’s, Classics and Quirky Motorcycles and their owners. It is an event that takes place all around the world on the exact same day. It is about motorcycles and dapper. We don’t care about work/social or life status for the one day we all ride the world together distinguished. This means Suits, Tuxedos, and Button up shirts, ties, bowties, top hats, canes, monocles, blazers, coats and all the rest of it!

To take part you need to be in the correct attire. Be as creative or bland as you want. The most important thing is make others laugh, make yourself laugh and have fun along the way.

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
from the creators of the event....

A day where cafe racers, classics, bobbers come together and ride in a distinguished manner spreading merriment along the way.

Mission
To bring classic and cafe racers bike owners together around the world for a dapper of a ride.

Description
DGR is a worldwide event for owners or Customs, Café Racers, Bobbers, Flat Trackers, Retro’s, Classics and Quirky Motorcycles and their owners. It is an event that takes place all around the world on the exact same day. It is about motorcycles and dapper. We don’t care about work/social or life status for the one day we all ride the world together distinguished. This means Suits, Tuxedos, and Button up shirts, ties, bowties, top hats, canes, monocles, blazers, coats and all the rest of it!

To take part you need to be in the correct attire. Be as creative or bland as you want. The most important thing is make others laugh, make yourself laugh and have fun along the way.

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
Gentlemen

I need to know from you guys who live in Bangkok and Pattaya, where the best and most convenient meeting point for you is. Please let me know your suggestions here or on the FB page (https://www.facebook...94275914011066/) as soon as you can.
Meeting time (not departure time) should be 09:30.
Departure time, 10:00 from both locations
Travelling time for both groups is about 1 hour

Both groups will meet at Bang Saen (where the Bang Saen bike week is held every year) Please refer to the provided map (exact starting point to be finalized)
from Pattaya: http://goo.gl/maps/RdshJ
from Bangkok: http://goo.gl/maps/niJD7

Lunch at 12:00 at a restaurant near the meeting point. (not sure which restaurant at this moment...any suggestions?)

A price for the most distinguished attire will be provided by me!

More info will follow soon
Please share, thank you

Greetings
Markus

Mar 6, 2013
mezcal;291803 wrote: It's almost time again for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride of 2013. Last year saw the very first edition and already had a massive following all over the world right from the start. I tried to beat the drum here in Thailand but apart from a few "yeah, cool", there was no real interest. I ended up riding by myself all dressed up in a suit. Silly? Maybe. Definitely more fun to ride in a group of like-minded lunatics.

Damn.....I sorry I missed this. I know its a lone way off still but if its run again in 2014 I`ll come long.