The Pit Falls of Buying a Bike online even on GT rider

Feb 8, 2009
Hello Brad I told you last week well done looks perfect and take care of the bike when you're not in Thailand.

The same bike rebuild in 2006.

ckuz514ph3fnyrea3.jpg

ckuz5p2rf47ahul1n.jpg

ckuz67d9sy7mpc0ln.jpg

This bike had a crazy storie before - used from a french guy for suicide. But no spirit inside. Some one want to know this crazy storie ? No accident....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 1, 2012
Armin if I could work out how to cut and paste your email on this iPhone I would.
And I really don't give a rats ass if some stupid love sick French guy used the bike as a stand to jump off to string his bloody neck.
As for keeping the bike safe no worries there mate I have large bolts placed in the floor of my work shop it will be chained down + I am cutting the back hub out of the wheel it's coming back to Australia and placed in a new back rim as the spokes and the inside of this rim have to much rust. And a all new front rim as we'll.
a new set of front forks as we'll I have put new seals in these ones but the adjustment for rebound are buggered so I can not set them up properly.
And I will ship over here the rest of the other motor so I will have to complete engines for it might even take your old barrel and head back to oz and have it bord out to a 261 cc.

Jul 7, 2012
Awesome work Mudboots - the thing looks the business now.

And a road-legal 2 stroke FTW!!

I would love to find a KDX or CRM with a greenbook and 'tard it out for a bit of weekend fun, but they are rare as hen's teeth - I think you are a lucky man and the hard work and patience have payed off mate.

Enjoy your new ride!

mike33

Dec 10, 2013
Good job & nice finished product.
Agree with others that a nice 2 stroke street legal would be fun.

Jun 28, 2010
mudboots;295904 wrote:
And I will ship over here the rest of the other motor so I will have to complete engines for it might even take your old barrel and head back to oz and have it bord out to a 261 cc.
Nice looking machine but don`t forget to have the crank balanced if you bore it out or is it just the biggest oversize piston you are putting in?

Feb 1, 2012
Not sure to tell the truth?
But I will find out my mate Sam that done the porting on the barrel that's now on the bike is a race bike mechanic I am sure he will sort it out for me.

Jul 15, 2012
brake034;297210 wrote: Here is a thread that started quite hostile and negative, in the end I believe buyer and seller feel happy and confident that value for money has been offered?
However Mudboots did built a great bike out of what was there, with paperwork and all!
I must be reading a different thread as the op doesnt sound to happy about all the $$$$ he spent.

Feb 1, 2012
Not true I knew from the the start and planed to spend the money on it.
For that mater I am yet spending more with doing up the spare motor, new Excl black rims stainless steel spokes, and getting the hubs powder coated black as well.
I ended up buying another CR125 front hub for $150 oz but it's nothing like the one that is on the bike so yep! Now need to get a CR125 brakes, another disk, and axel with spacers.
Found another set of forks for it $480+ new seals and the cost of once again getting it all sent over to Thailand.
The thing is I am happy with the way my bike has turned out they are becoming rare and yes sure I could now have got two CRF250L's for the same money I have spent. But tell you what it blows away the competition of the 4 strokes.
I am sure all you guys have something you like to spend money on and bugger the cost. :happy2: