Thought I had found a new bike for you cruiser fans but alas

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I was passing a Chinese truck shop so we dropped in out of curiosity and they had a V-twin cruiser in there. It has 1400cc written on the engine case. After some questioning alas it is only 250cc. The make is Keyhole or Keyway or Key-something.

On even closer inspection the exhaust coming out of the rear cylinder is lawnmower sized even thought the front pipe is Harley size.

I was quite disappointed not for a purchasing point of view as I don’t need a cruiser but just from a discovery perpective. Like thinking one has found a diamond only to realize it is quartz.

If anyone is a farmer a bit further down the street they are selling small truck-like vehicles. Half truck half motorcycle.

Aug 29, 2007
Rustic Charm wrote: [quote quote=mikerust]Chinese
Why anyone would be interested in any Chinese-made bike is beyond me. :roll:
That's what was said about the Jap bikes in the late 60's. Give 'em a few years and see what they come up with.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
black cat wrote: [quote quote=Rustic Charm:14t2dh8j][quote quote=mikerust]Chinese
Why anyone would be interested in any Chinese-made bike is beyond me. :roll:[/quote:14t2dh8j]

That's what was said about the Jap bikes in the late 60's. Give 'em a few years and see what they come up with.[/quote

BC,

I hate to rain on your parade but I think RC is correct. Although there is a Chinese bike this year in 125 GP, albiet designed ,built and run from UK.

More Chinese style R&D. Receive and Duplicate.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I'd say as long as Korea, Malaysia, India or Thailand can't come up with a decent bike there's not much to expect from the Chinese.

Aug 29, 2007
mikerust wrote: [quote quote=black cat][quote quote=Rustic Charm:3gou6t7c][quote quote=mikerust]Chinese
Why anyone would be interested in any Chinese-made bike is beyond me. :roll:
That's what was said about the Jap bikes in the late 60's. Give 'em a few years and see what they come up with.[/quote

BC,

I hate to rain on your parade but I think RC is correct. Although there is a Chinese bike this year in 125 GP, albiet designed ,built and run from UK.

More Chinese style R&D. Receive and Duplicate.[/quote:3gou6t7c]

And that's what was said about people who said "wait and see" regarding the Jap bikes. I never said they'd come up with a world beater, maybe they won't, I said give 'em a few years before coming to a conclusion. Who can say what China will come up with? Remember, if there's one talented bike designer per million people, then China has over a thousand of them.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I read somewhere many ears ago that the one strength the Japanese have is that they cooperate and work as a team and that one-on-one the authot thought the Chinese were smarter.
The author then stated that he wondered if the Chinese would ever be able to work as a team an thus posed little threat from an innovation perspective.

Should they learn to act as a team in the future then watch out. My friend who just returned from China was astounded by how little regard the avaerage Chinese has for other memebers of society so we are still probably same for a while.