Very special Yamaha,whats your take on this?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Found this when i was searching new ideas to get my beemer new look,, what ya think on this?
fully-chromed-yamaha-12_800x0w.jpg

fully-chromed-yamaha-13w.jpg

fully-chromed-yamaha-1w.jpg

fully-chromed-yamaha-5w.jpg

fully-chromed-yamahaw.jpg

Apr 10, 2006
I wouldn't want to ride round on it, you'd blind people if it was sunny and they probably knock you off it.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Penetrator

thats a valid point, but argument is...that "we" bikers never been seen,so other rider on the road will just drive like there is no one, so it would eventually solve problems, in "Flashy"way..

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I agree with Penetrator..
and further it's likely, as you were alongside drivers taking a better might be distracted and drift into you.

Yet, I think you should go ahead and chrome your two-wheeled motorhome...the BMW

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Cdrw

have to wait and see how much they are planning to charge of that job,,,as i need if i made deal ship the parts from home to Bkk and back with out damaging them

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I'm no chrome fan. I like brushed aluminum, looks cool, not shiny but flat, no problem to keep clean. Like the V-Max. The chroming process is actually quite bad for the environment. Prefer an enduro with light plastic parts to a cruiser with loads of chrome.

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
I don't like chrome either as you say brushed aluminium is far better looking and less hassle. I also had an old V-Max, excellent touring bike with a screen fitted and the V-Boost system was a hoot. I like powder coating and am getting a lot done on my old XJR.

Apr 22, 2003
Ivan Maeger was presented with a gold plated speedway bike many years ago after winning the world speedway championship X ammount of times, but that would cost a fortune and would end up being a necklace in no time over here.

Nov 18, 2008
The 1950s-'60s alternative to chrome before it became to costly to use on automobiles was stainless steel. It had a much more rich finish than the subsequent brushed aluminum and never needed to be polished. Many an old "rust bucket" in the bone yards had perfect bright metal on them 30, 40 and 50 years after they were made. Does that date this old fart or what? :roll: