What bike is this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by DavidFL, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Spotted in Hanoi a couple of weeks ago, & part of our ride Chiang Mai - Hanoi & return.

hanoi-055.jpg
    Hint, it's the one on the left & it was the size of the tyre that first caught our attention...

hanoi-048.jpg

hanoi-049.jpg

hanoi-050.jpg

hanoi-051.jpg

hanoi-052.jpg

hanoi-053.jpg

hanoi-054.jpg

Who said there were no big bikes in Hanoi?

For a trip report on the ride Chiang Mai Hanoi & back, go to the Vietnam Trip Reports Section.
    vietnam-f18.html

2. I didn't go in the shop with you guys and you didn't tell me about it, so I am going to spoil your fun and answer straight away :mrgreen: . :D

Traverston V-Rex. http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... 75546.html

Now who can answer; What is it doing in Vietnam?

3. I'll try to answer that. Despite,or maybe because of their late development, the Vietnamese are passionate about one-up-man-ship, designer labels and status symbols. During recent work there I saw Rolls Royce's, Bentley's and Ferrari's. If you only have $50,000 to splash out on transport you are never going to cut it with a car. But this is novel, eye-catching and probably the only one in town, so far. Whatever turns you on!

4. I would say that is a fair answer. I believe that trait is probably not limited to Vietnam, but has surfaced in most of SE Asia.