What kind of biker are you?

Jun 22, 2012
Let me introduce myself, I'm a management student from Italy who loves bikes and currently owns a Ducati Monster 696.

As a part of my academic path, I am working on a research project on motorcycles in Thailand. Particularly I would like to understand what kind of people own motorcycles in Thailand.

For this purpose, I am kindly asking the users in this forum to complete a five-minutes online survey. It's going to be very easy and it would mean a great help to me and my work.

So if you live in Thailand and you own one or more motorcycles, please, click on the link below and answer the questions.

Thank you very much for your time.

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=MLIIFM_a81e790f

AND Ride safely ;-)

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Buongiorno, I think you are the guy who sent me a private message which was unfortunately deleted by my Spamfilter but at least I could get a glimpse of it.
My answer to your question about racing in Myanmar: no I haven't seen or heard of any bike racing/tracks in Myanmar and do not think there will be some.
As for your survey, I've answered it already and wish you good luck with the job at hand, hope that fellow riders will also take the 5 minutes time to answer the survey which is an easy one.
Will send you also a PM with my email address so you can write to me if you have any more questions ! Ciao, Franz

Just saw that you are a new member and your PM function doesn't work yet so hopefully I can send you a PM soon........

Jun 22, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey Franz ... I hope your example will be followed by many members!

Dec 27, 2007
Just filled out the survey- one question / comment.

You ask "which part of the country" we live in and the choices are "north", "south", "east", and "west".

Well, what about those of us in central Thailand? Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, etc?

Ride on!

Tony

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Hi Coppe88,

Filled out your survey and thought it was good, straight-forward and quick.

Hope you can post the "findings/results" of the survey.

Jun 22, 2012
I must say I'm getting a lot of responses to the survey, I'm positively impressed by this community.

Now I'm really starting to fancy a motorcycle tour through Thailand.

Since I'm getting the sense that the vast majority of the people involved in this forum are expatriates, I have a question. Do you think that there is such a thing as a "motorcycle culture" in Thailand? I mean, it's not so surprising that a western expatriate, already a motorcycle enthusiast, would recreate his lifestyle in Thailand and would go search for bikes, racetracks etc. But do you think this kind of culture is spreading among locals too? Any Thai here that can share his view with us?

I'm asking only because I reckon this topic would be of interest not only for me, but also for the community.

Mar 4, 2011
Do you think there is a motorcycle culture well put it this way they sell over 1 million scooters a year here and people ride all over Thailand on them.
What western country sells any thing like this with big bikes and scooters combined.
The big bike market is not so big as the price of motorcycles in Thailand is so much more than in western country's and the Thais are mostly very poor people.
Most of us westerners who live here have big bikes as we can afford them but if it was not for Kawasaki who make the Kawasaki 650s here at a very reduced rate there would be less Thais in the big bike market.
Most Thais love big bikes and when you pull up at a petrol station many times they will come up and take pictures of your big bike.
But yes to answer your question again 1 million bikes are sold the western country's would love those figures.

May 27, 2011
You ask "which part of the country" we live in and the choices are "north", "south", "east", and "west" ....
An option for North-East, probably the biggest region of Thailand, would also be welcome. I've completed the survey with the exception of that question. Hope your responses give some useful information.