where to ride naar Pattaya?

Aug 29, 2008
I'm wondering where to ride, "within 50 km of town"
any good roads here?
the only curves I've seen so far,and good rides I had, are those in Soi 6/beach rd.
and the only thing I picked up today was a parking ticket,700baht

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
Slim pickings, in my opinion.

I leave town by the Country Club Road (no idea what its proper name is). There are some bends, lake, etc, but then it's all over by the time you get to Bira.

Aug 29, 2008
I tried it today, got lost,but found BIRA
the roads all too busy, i've done 100miles, but no corners

Oct 17, 2006
loop Sukumvit rd south 10km , left at signs for Visaraha Vihan (Bhudda mountain ) follow road 6km to route331 turn left and then 100m up turn right onto side road, follow road3km top next main junction turn left follow road past green valley golf 15km to highway 36 turn left follow 36 past Bira race track back to pattaya another 16 KM .

enjoy

bard

Oct 2, 2008
Best place you can ride to be honest within that short distance from Pattaya is up to Silverlake winery and do the small roads around there. Curvy and a tad of mountain, awesome view and through a bit of jungle. Not a long ride but a nice one for that area.

More serious fun is in Rayong province where there are some curvy roads, mountains and a ride into Khao Chamao is very nice. But that is to far for your 50km distance limit, more like 70 - 120 km

Cheers Bard

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I agree with Bard's comment on areas around Rayong, but as previously mentioned there is nothing with a short distance of Pattaya.
OTOH, Soi-6 allegedly has some curves... :shock:

Apr 10, 2006
There's a pretty good network of roads east of the 331, not sure of the name of the area but I get to it by going down Soi Siam Country Club, following the road left around Lake Machrapan then turn right onto I think the 3240, across the flyover that's goes over Highway 36, up to the end of 3240 then turn left onto the 331 about 1km then turn right. There's a huge maze of roads there, some great bends and long straights going through farmland, quarry's and the odd village. The roads are very good but sometimes a bit dusty near the quarry's, some of the roads are still being built and not tarmacced yet which are great for flying down on an enduro bike, and there's plenty of dust tracks as well. I tend to go in the afternoon and if I cant find my way out I just head west towards the late afternoon sun and eventually you'll get back to Pattaya.

Oct 17, 2006
Yep lots of good bendy roads if you go east of 331 and out towards rayong or North towards Chonburi .i activley search out bend roads for my Ducati.

Its not as good as other bits of thailand but its fine for 100km + thrash with bends .

Nov 21, 2010
This thread might not be so up-to-date anymore but for off=road riding near Pattaya you should try "Khao Mai Kaeo" in between of Route 7, Route 36 and Route 331. It is a kind of "park" area that is used for both motorbikes as mountain-bikes. In the weekend some Bangkokians come over with their bikes in the back of the truck to play in the jungle. It is not a long track to do, maybe a bit more as 1 hour (or less if you fly a lot).

Actually there are more area's like that along Route 36. When driving towards Rayong (from Pattaya) over Route 36 after about 15km on your right hand sight is a small moutian-range. There is a track going all over the top of it (although I am not sure how far it goes). As there are also people living in this area ... be aware of dogs!

For on-road short trips, try the many small but good road behind Birco race track. But be aware .... chickens, dogs, childeren or anything can be on your way.

Or actually once the road was suddenly gone ..... driving about 90 on a straight tarmac road ..... I suddenly realize that the on coming bike is out of sight for 1 or 2 secs. Then I realize that there is a kind of 30m long deep part in the road to cross a river, but from a distance you do not see that. Full in the brakes whill going in a pitt ?? No way, just fly over it! Did not make the 30m of course but it was a great jump! Stuppid things to do alone while almost in the midlle of nowhere.