Who is this # 2

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Unbelievable: a 2nd surprise visit in a week.

562610689_jmk9u-M.jpg

The guy on the left.
Hasn't been in Chiang Mai for 20 years.

Used to live here & hang out at the old Lovebirds Bar & other salubrious establishments....

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Arr - Har you tricky buggar - it would help if could open the picture. he-he

Oh where have all the old salubrious joints gone - please bring them back

cheers Ken

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
kenyam wrote: Arr - Har you tricky buggar - it would help if could open the picture. He-he

Oh where have all the old salubrious joints gone - please bring them back

Cheers Ken
The "salubrious" is a serious hint for those guys who might have been around in those heady days - The Cottage / The Karen Hut / The Oasis / The Welshman's Bar / Lovebirds Bar.....as he did indeed go salubrious for 12 years. I last saw him in Ubon Ratchathani, where we delivered some fags on the sly.
Come on now, there were 4 of us on that grand Esarn tour 16-17? years ago....

scotty007

Subscribed
Feb 23, 2004
David, must have used those brain cells up, I do remember Ubon Ratchatani for other reason though!

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
scotty007 wrote: David, must have used those brain cells up, I do remember Ubon Ratchatani for other reason though!
Haaaaa,, been in here now,, i would like to know what is that "Other" reasson...has Ubon something to offer actually?? :shock:

scotty007

Subscribed
Feb 23, 2004
I remember it for the coshing incident, where the 4 of us (David, Lloyd, Jimmy and Scotty) parked our bikes in one car parking space out the front of the hotel, and finding them moved 100 metres away in the workers bike car park later on, this didn't amuse any of us, as, we had taken a room each, protests were made to the staff, which somehow managed to get out of hand, and ended up with Jimmy riding his very loud 400CC thumper through the lobby of the hotel, and the hotel public relations man ordering his security guard to cosh Llyod on the head, the police were called but it all ended in a cultural stalemate. :x

I also managing to leave my passport in the hotel safe, and getting 120KMs away before remembering, probably something to do with an excess of Singha water the night before. :D

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
scotty007 wrote: I remember it for the coshing incident, where the 4 of us (David, Lloyd, Jimmy and Scotty) parked our bikes in one car parking space out the front of the hotel, and finding them moved 100 metres away in the workers bike car park later on, this didn't amuse any of us, as, we had taken a room each, protests were made to the staff, which somehow managed to get out of hand, and ended up with Jimmy riding his very loud 400CC thumper through the lobby of the hotel, and the hotel public relations man ordering his security guard to cosh Llyod on the head, the police were called but it all ended in a cultural stalemate. :x

I also managing to leave my passport in the hotel safe, and getting 120KMs away before remembering, probably something to do with an excess of Singha water the night before. :D

What hotel that might be,, must have so much fun i can image.... :wink:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
scotty007 wrote: David, must have used those brain cells up, I do remember Ubon Ratchatani for other reason though!
Scotty007
Arh did you forget the visit to the temple?
The character is none other than Eddie "The Monk," ex faan of Toi "Baby Doll" (now owner of Half Moon Bar in Moon Muang Soi 2.)

Eddie stayed in the monkhood for 12 years & has been out for about 6 years he says. He's been hanging out in India practising yoga for 6 months at a time & next year will make a semi-permanent move back to Thailand, with 6 months here & 6 in India.

Unbelievably he still does not work & is living comfortably off all that good Korean gold money he made before becoming a monk. But then again as Eddie says it did not cost much to be a monk & so he accrued a lot of interest in all that time.